• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailers?

Swede

Ok I know I have asked before. But, what trailer is appropriate for the CUCV 1028??

Other then a Pioneer trailer which i cant seem to locate any.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any of the 3/4 ton series trailers would be right for the CUCV series. That includes:

M116
M101
M762
pioneer tool trailer

Mike_Pop

I have a German Winch trailer for sale. It was used by the US Army to tow targets across the range at Ft. Drum. When I say German, it's all metric nuts & bolts. Unimog rims will fit it. I sanded it and repainted it a few years ago with Aervoe...big mistake. It's completely open inside since most of the winches were missing. box measures 42" wide, 9' long, 42" high. I was going to use it behind my CUCV but hey...I could use the money. Needs tires, they hold air but are severely cracked. Asking $1900 for it. These are pretty rare trailers and I only know of one other guy who has one in Canada. You can still see the US stars under the crummy Aervoe paint.

Attachments

acetomatoco

M1009s, I think were only authorized to tow M416 style trailers...but we usually just hooked up anything that would fit... My 94 Caprice Classsic looked fine towing the ton and a half water Buffalo on the Mass Turnpike and got a big smile from my Trooper friend when he passed me at about 90 clicks

Mike_Pop

The biggest issue with towing a 3/4 ton trailer on an M1009 is the bumper. It's not strong enough to handle a heavy load. I think that's why it is recommended that you only pull an M416. However, if anyone wants photos of how to swap an M1008 bumper to an M1009, send me a pm.

Mike_Pop

I tow my 14' trailer with my Mighty Mite on it with no problems. The M1009 seems to handle it quite well. I've done over 2500 miles with the trailer. I also towed an M101 2600 miles with a Haflinger and some other stuff in it. Still no problems. However, when towing a trailer, don't expect to fly up the hills with your M1009. It was a dog crossing the Rockies and the Cascades. Top speed on the flats was about 70mph.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks