• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailers?

Swede

Ok I know I have asked before. But, what trailer is appropriate for the CUCV 1028??

Other then a Pioneer trailer which i cant seem to locate any.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any of the 3/4 ton series trailers would be right for the CUCV series. That includes:

M116
M101
M762
pioneer tool trailer

Mike_Pop

I have a German Winch trailer for sale. It was used by the US Army to tow targets across the range at Ft. Drum. When I say German, it's all metric nuts & bolts. Unimog rims will fit it. I sanded it and repainted it a few years ago with Aervoe...big mistake. It's completely open inside since most of the winches were missing. box measures 42" wide, 9' long, 42" high. I was going to use it behind my CUCV but hey...I could use the money. Needs tires, they hold air but are severely cracked. Asking $1900 for it. These are pretty rare trailers and I only know of one other guy who has one in Canada. You can still see the US stars under the crummy Aervoe paint.

Attachments

acetomatoco

M1009s, I think were only authorized to tow M416 style trailers...but we usually just hooked up anything that would fit... My 94 Caprice Classsic looked fine towing the ton and a half water Buffalo on the Mass Turnpike and got a big smile from my Trooper friend when he passed me at about 90 clicks

Mike_Pop

The biggest issue with towing a 3/4 ton trailer on an M1009 is the bumper. It's not strong enough to handle a heavy load. I think that's why it is recommended that you only pull an M416. However, if anyone wants photos of how to swap an M1008 bumper to an M1009, send me a pm.

Mike_Pop

I tow my 14' trailer with my Mighty Mite on it with no problems. The M1009 seems to handle it quite well. I've done over 2500 miles with the trailer. I also towed an M101 2600 miles with a Haflinger and some other stuff in it. Still no problems. However, when towing a trailer, don't expect to fly up the hills with your M1009. It was a dog crossing the Rockies and the Cascades. Top speed on the flats was about 70mph.