• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trans question and transfer case question

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some people's idea of completely "gone through": Checked all fluid levels

Other people's idea of completely "gone through": All 3 axles rebuilt with new barings, seals, tranny and transfer rebuilt with new bearings, synchros, washers, etc.

At O$hkosh prices, it ought to be the latter.
Yeeeaaahhh:roll::?::!: This is what their website says...

Military Trucks, 6x6 Cargo Trucks for sale - Oshkosh Equipment Sales, LLC

I certainly hope their money is where thier mouth is...for lack of a better term(?). Nonetheless...as always...Caveat Emptor...

Last edited:

prattcobra

I'm still waiting to hear back from them. They said there were busy today and there main service guy was out taking docks out. Have to wait till tomorrow and see what they say. I sent them an email and sent them pics so I have it all doc.

Also I noticed tonight the seal on the rubber boot is cracked on the shifter too.

davo727

And you and the truck are on the other side of Lake michigan from Oshkosh, that sucks.

They need to send you the parts and pay for a truck shops labor to fix all that stuff or they need to come and get the truck and fix it and bring it back when its good to go.

prattcobra

that is what I was thinking. I have taken lots os pictures. I;m an Internet Manager for a dealership and I could cause a lot of **** if you know what I mean.i'm not here to cause trouble. I went with them by what they advertise and how they say they went through it. look at the price they have on the Cargo on line number 40

KsM715

Oshkosh advertises here and also has a bunch of FREE adds in the classifides

That was brought up in the "classifieds problems" thread. I thought we had a rule about the classifieds are free for members and not to be used for commercial advertisments. Id say if a contact number takes you to a commercial business that deals in MV's and MV parts then it should be considered a commercial ad.

prattcobra

As of 10:45 No call from Osh Kosh... For someone that is there at 7:30 they should get on the phone and call me.. I want to know what is going on.. Either they fix the mistakes or take the truck back.

We will have to wait and see.

I've called a few times and goes to voice mail. I know they have

prattcobra

I will.. They sound like they are going to take care all of the stuff. I just have to make sure its all good on the shipping pick up and have all the docs..

Since they are arranging shipping from and to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks