• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trucks On Michelin 14.00R20s

nf6x

Feral Engineer
My M936A1 is on Goodyears. Is there any particular reason why I might prefer Michelins vs. Goodyears if and when I single out my M923?

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, bobbers are fine with those tires and even bigger.

Distance between the centers of the rear axles is 48 inches, distance from the center of a 49 inch tire to the edge is 49/2 = 24 1/2 inches. Distance from the center of the other tire to its edge is also 24 1/2 inches. Add them together and you see that fitting 24 1/2 + 24 1/2 = 49 inches of tire into a 48 inch space is problematic.

Robn69

Yes, bobbers are fine with those tires and even bigger.

Distance between the centers of the rear axles is 48 inches, distance from the center of a 49 inch tire to the edge is 49/2 = 24 1/2 inches. Distance from the center of the other tire to its edge is also 24 1/2 inches. Add them together and you see that fitting 24 1/2 + 24 1/2 = 49 inches of tire into a 48 inch space is problematic.
Ok I see now thanks guys:beer:

wsucougarx

Just to really mess things up, here's what my 5 ton looks like with Goodyear MV/T 395's:) These tires are about 3" smaller in diameter (46" vs 49"). But have the about the same width as the 14.00's. Just something to think about. The 395's are in an abundant supply as they are the main tires on the FMTV type vehicles.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks