• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trying to get CTIS to power up.

TurboTim

My CTIS doesnt power up. Dumb question but are there fuses on a A3 and where are they? Does anyone have a wiring diagrams for the CTIS. I found one in the TM but it doesnt have all the wires that go to the controller. Does anyone know of a more in depth diagram they can point me to. My CTIS wont turn on at all, no dispay on LCD. No I dont want to get rid of my CTIS.

TxFireDeuce

The best thing to do with it is to unplug it I have had one on a truck and it can dump the air and not air back up and it can leek over time it is just not worth it just Just my opinion

TurboTim

The best thing to do with it is to unplug it I have had one on a truck and it can dump the air and not air back up and it can leek over time it is just not worth it just Just my opinion
Thanks for not answering any of my questions and also telling me exactly what I dont want to do. I will buy your display/head unit if you dont want to use it. Can anyone help me with this? Someone who is using there CTIS.

Hooper

Thanks for not answering any of my questions and also telling me exactly what I dont want to do. I will buy your display/head unit if you dont want to use it. Can anyone help me with this? Someone who is using there CTIS.
Check that it is plugged in at the back of the controller but also underneath the truck at the octopus. There was also a procedure in the TM about checking the CTIS harness for continuity. You may have a broken wire, It sounds common. There was a guy on ebay selling just the harness for 40 or 50 dollars.

TNJMurray

We've got a part for that
Its a real problem , i have 30 trucks in stock and i only know of a hand full that work. Like others have said its best to disable it and go on with life. Thanks john murray tnjmurray.com

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're welcome to come up to Zimmerman and follow the wires on mine. Mine works, my problem is at the wheel area. Never ending turret seals and orings. Yes, I like to keep it too.

TurboTim

Does anyone know where to find a good wiring diagram going to the controller. I have found some but they dont have all the wires. Does anyone know if there are fuses in a duece?

man2112

I am having the same issue. I took apart the ECU, and everything is perfectly clean and looks brand new on the inside. We tested the 4-wire plug per the troubleshooting guide, and all the wires are working as they are supposed to. It would be nice if there was a diagram that showed where every wire went individually by number.

On a side note, I am a bit peeved because we bought the truck from another user on SS who told us that the CTIS system worked onboard. Having a working CTIS is one of the main reasons that I purchased an A3 over an A2, and would not have paid the price that I did for the truck had I have known that the system did not work.

Hooper

I am having the same issue. I took apart the ECU, and everything is perfectly clean and looks brand new on the inside. We tested the 4-wire plug per the troubleshooting guide, and all the wires are working as they are supposed to. It would be nice if there was a diagram that showed where every wire went individually by number.

On a side note, I am a bit peeved because we bought the truck from another user on SS who told us that the CTIS system worked onboard. Having a working CTIS is one of the main reasons that I purchased an A3 over an A2, and would not have paid the price that I did for the truck had I have known that the system did not work.

Does it power up?

TurboTim

Well so I think my CTIS manifold is inop. I have continuity of harness to controller have power at the manifold but just no power at the controller on the dash. Does anyone have a CTIS manifold they want to sell?

Hoefler

Tim,
There are members here that have gotten in touch with the manufacturer of the CTIS assembly in your truck. Sounds like they are decent people to work with. You still have time to call them and maybe send the controller to them to have them diagnose. If there is no power getting to the controller-that may be easy to figure out by un plugging it and use a multi meter to see if you are getting voltage to one of the pins. Oh-and when I say you have time-the way the weather has been going, it wont be warm till late July.
Sorry I was not around last weekend. Stop in anytime-you are always welcome-especially if you are driving the A3.
Pete

Hooper

Well so I think my CTIS manifold is inop. I have continuity of harness to controller have power at the manifold but just no power at the controller on the dash. Does anyone have a CTIS manifold they want to sell?

Honestly, would be better contacting CM systems. You will pay 400 ish for them to rebuild yours and it will come with a warranty. If you buy a used one you will pay almost as much with no warranty.

TurboTim

It needed a new diode and resistor in the manifold. I also had to run a wire external of the board because it burned up part of the board. Best $10 spent. If anyone needs theres fixed in the future I am willing to help.