• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tuff Country lift

Rustmaster

ok quick question to all lifted trucks, do 12.50 wide tires on stock m1009 wheels stick out side of the fender wells? I am in PA and no tread face can be out side of the top of the fender. Thank you.

ranchhopper

ok quick question to all lifted trucks, do 12.50 wide tires on stock m1009 wheels stick out side of the fender wells? I am in PA and no tread face can be out side of the top of the fender. Thank you.[/QUOTEDont know for sure but they make the rubber fender extensions for those trucks if you need them.

Last edited:

rjinga

I want to put a 2" lift on my 1009.
I dropped my M1009 off at a local guy's house this afternoon so that he can start the install of my Rough Country 2" lift. He came highly recommended and he used to be the lift install guy for a local performance truck place.

I was considering Tuff Country too, but time and money were a factor (aren't they always), and the cheapest TC kit I found was approximately $341.00 (plus $64.00 shipping) on ebay. The kit did include new shocks.

I got the RC kit (w/o shocks) from autopartswarehouse.com for $251.28 and the shipping was free.

I'm running 33x12.50x15 Goodyear Wranger DuraTracs and I'll post before and after photos when I get it back.

rjinga

I got the RC kit (w/o shocks) from autopartswarehouse.com for $251.28 and the shipping was free.
ALERT - The Rough Country 2" suspension lift kit from autopartswarehouse.com, part #ROU5205 , does NOT fit the M1009. The front springs are too short.

I found this out after my guy had already installed the back blocks and then tried to install the front springs. Now, in order to get a refund I have to remove and return everything. :x

rjinga

how can it not fit ? the k5 and k series truck all have the same length front leaf springs.
I think the company has that kit coded wrong on their website.

When I was chatting with "customer service" I gave them the year, make, and model and was told that they don't have a 2" kit for that vehicle. I told CS that I had entered the same information into their website that very moment and the (wrong) kit I ordered came up. He told me (again) that they don't have a 2" kit for my vehicle.

Sooo, instead of spending the next hour playing "Do not! Do to!", I thanked him for the return info and got on with my life.

tvguy

I happen to have a brand new. .never used. . lift kit for a 1008 (73-87 1-ton Chevy/GMC 4x4) from Superlift. .3 1/2" front, 2" rear. .but can't post a classified to sell it here because I haven't made the required 100 posts. .a true dilemma

Product Information (K461) · Superlift · www.superlift.com

Yeah, I'm not sure I get the new 100 post minimum for classifieds. I can understand not being able to post for a requisite period of time after becoming a member or maybe having something like 25 or more posts, but 100 is a lot. I have M1010 and M1031 shelters that I wanted to sell or part out but I can't post either, so I guess it's off to the scrap yard!

rjinga

2 inch is kinda small get a 4 inch lift!
I may end up there one day, with 35s underneath; but, for right now 33s w/ a 2" lift is a nice ratio. Besides, my wife and youngest son complain about "climbing up" into her (the Blazer) right now. And, I'm not getting any younger, or limber, myself (sigh).

indy4x4fab

Banned
if ur going to run a really really heavy front bumper then go with the "HD kit" but if ur keeping the stock cucv bumper and grill gaurd then go with the "EZ rider" kit. the "HD KIT" will beat the $hit out of u if u don't have that extra weight of a heavy bumper on the front end.

rjinga

ALERT - The Rough Country 2" suspension lift kit from autopartswarehouse.com, part #ROU5205 , does NOT fit the M1009. The front springs are too short.

I found this out after my guy had already installed the back blocks and then tried to install the front springs. Now, in order to get a refund I have to remove and return everything. :x
The return went very well. I dropped off the parts at the local Fed Ex on Tuesday morning (autopartswarehouse.com provided the return labels) and received my email refund confirmation today.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks