• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turbo function question, no output...

llong66

Hello all! After some family and medical issues, I have finally gotten the exhaust on and turbo master built. I have verified the wast gate is not stuck. When driving I still have NO boost. You can hear the unit spinning up but when I pull the hose between the turbo out and upper intake there is NO pressure. I took the fitting off where my gauge is attached and no pressure there either, maybe a very slight vac when reving. I have driven it w 3 different boost gauges and replaced the line to the gauges just to be double sure and they all sit at 0, maybe a SLIGHT move to the vac side on deceleration but thats it. The truck runs and starts great, can't imagine it with a properly working turbo. I guess my question is, with the described symptoms, would you try rebuilding or just replace it. Some auction sites have them, GM8, for the $350 range. You can really feel it pulling on the intake side, even through the air cleaner. Is there something else I could be missing?
Thanks much!
Greg