• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turbo function question, no output...

llong66

Hello all! After some family and medical issues, I have finally gotten the exhaust on and turbo master built. I have verified the wast gate is not stuck. When driving I still have NO boost. You can hear the unit spinning up but when I pull the hose between the turbo out and upper intake there is NO pressure. I took the fitting off where my gauge is attached and no pressure there either, maybe a very slight vac when reving. I have driven it w 3 different boost gauges and replaced the line to the gauges just to be double sure and they all sit at 0, maybe a SLIGHT move to the vac side on deceleration but thats it. The truck runs and starts great, can't imagine it with a properly working turbo. I guess my question is, with the described symptoms, would you try rebuilding or just replace it. Some auction sites have them, GM8, for the $350 range. You can really feel it pulling on the intake side, even through the air cleaner. Is there something else I could be missing?
Thanks much!
Greg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks