• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Twin Turbo Deuce

spicergear

Here's a pic of my twin stacks I've had for...wow, sometime now. Maybe 5 or 6 years. I put duals on it when I put the 1160 V8 CAT in. Oh, also note in the third pic you can see the air filter assembly I used. The filter housing is off of the passenger side corner of an old Mack cab. I layed it down, used a 90* elbow and made the original 'mushroom' fit into it. Freed up some engine bay room and looks similiar to the old 5 tons.

Attachments

greenery

i would imagine twin turbos would be to hard on a stock motor, but if u hav a little disposable income and are willing to go all the way, u could find another motor and run a multi-turbo setup like you might see on a semi size competitive tractor pulling truck, they can run up to 6 turbos on watever motor they use, of course your exhaust would probably be solid black, but you would hav a ludicrous amount of hp

brianp454

This thread has been silent for some time. I was prowling craigslist this morning and found a local truck for sale with a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] turbo:

00202_74pWMr9hXCR_600x450_tt.jpg

Notice it is not a twin turbo setup where 3 cylinders feed an individual turbo or on a V8 gasser having an individual turbo on each bank of cylinders.
This guy has basically welded a flange onto the existing turbo exhaust elbow to allow the exhaust gasses from the existing turbo to feed the inlet of the exhaust side of the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] turbo. The inlet of the compressor side of the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] turbo is connected to the air cleaner with the outlet feeding into the inlet of the existing (1[SUP]st[/SUP]) turbo. I think this is a similar to many newer twin turbo designs. He claims low EGTs and the pics show no smoke. I saw this and it sparked my interest.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks