• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Two prong NATO military slave plug?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I hate to dig up an old thread, but we have a similar problem with our emergency generators

We have 2 MEP003a generators with the 2 prong receptacle. We also have an old HMMWV for parts. Would it be possible to replace the 2 prong receptacle with the NATO receptacle from the HMMWV?

Thanks in advance,

Brandon
I have nato receptacles(single pin) with caps for $40 shipped. PM if interested.

Kahles56

Why not just add the NATO single pin in parallel to the double pin , that way you are covered in either case for jumping off the unit.
Also you can use a computer plug in a box with a cover for charging , that way you could have female plug on the end of the charger unit which will not short out and always be polarized in the correct format.
Just a thought

Guyfang

Staff member
Will this type of Nato right angle plug fit into the plug for a Mep 803 generator?

View attachment 660216
Absolutely! There is no other slave recpt possibility, for TQG gen sets. The two prong went out years ago, but so many of you have them on older vehicles and gen sets, that it just makes sense to have an adapter on hand. This pictured plug is about the third or fourth generation of plug. Much better than the first ones. The pin on this type holds up to arcing much better. Of course, if you turn off everything before hooking up the cable, you don't have an arcing problem. But most people don't ever think about it till the plug doesn't want to work anymore!

Guyfang

Staff member
Why not just add the NATO single pin in parallel to the double pin , that way you are covered in either case for jumping off the unit.
Also you can use a computer plug in a box with a cover for charging , that way you could have female plug on the end of the charger unit which will not short out and always be polarized in the correct format.
Just a thought
The adapter would be much cheaper then hooking up another plug. The adapter fits in your hand. So nicely, if you ever need to punch someone, use the adapter! Just dont go all Man Mountain Dean on the poor person! Its got some weight.

lacroix9

I have a two prong old style slave cable but need to adapt two prong (male) to a NATO one prong (female). The adapters are old style male to new style female. I need the opposite. Thought of just buying a NATO cable but the prices are so high I'd have to take a second mortgage on my house to afford.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you, but I have this on and need the opposite, female two to male nato. I have a two pin cable and I'd be jumping a M38 A1 to a M-1009 CUCV.
I have never seen a 2-pin to 1-pin adaptor. I am not saying they never made them. I just have never seen them. As GUYFANG pointed out, they made 1-pin to 2-pin adaptors.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might be easiest to buy a NATO end for the cable you already have. Not cheap, but looks like you can get one for under $100 on ebay.
Do that and a couple of Anderson style SB350 or maybe just the SB175 as you're talking smaller loads (not sure what gauge your cable is) to make one end swappable from 2 pin to NATO as needed.

I did the reverse and used the Anderson connector to put a 2 pin onto my NATO cord. Then I had a lighter duty cord ( 0ga instead of 2/0 ) with the SB175 and an adapter from the SB350 to SB175 so my total cable length is about 40 feet, but I only have the HMMWV and some generators, so not like I will be maxing out the amperage.

f972ba6dd95ff521c9663e547f01e5b91de37137-1.jpg

and ebay link for a nato cable end, about $90 shipped.

Guyfang

Staff member
Thank you, but I have this on and need the opposite, female two to male nato. I have a two pin cable and I'd be jumping a M38 A1 to a M-1009 CUCV.

I spent almost 30 years working on Army stuff. There aint no such thing. The female end are ONLY on the equipment. NEVER on the cable.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might be easiest to buy a NATO end for the cable you already have. Not cheap, but looks like you can get one for under $100 on ebay.
Do that and a couple of Anderson style SB350 or maybe just the SB175 as you're talking smaller loads (not sure what gauge your cable is) to make one end swappable from 2 pin to NATO as needed.

I did the reverse and used the Anderson connector to put a 2 pin onto my NATO cord. Then I had a lighter duty cord ( 0ga instead of 2/0 ) with the SB175 and an adapter from the SB350 to SB175 so my total cable length is about 40 feet, but I only have the HMMWV and some generators, so not like I will be maxing out the amperage.

View attachment 852622

Do we not have anyone on steel soldiers selling slave cable ends? I'm sure we do....

Guyfang

Staff member

View attachment 852622

The cable end shown in this epay listing is the Number one, perfect end to get. Easy to replace the cables.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

I have those on all my trucks...I simply use a 20 foot NATO Tank jump cable and push the Single PIN U.K/NATO to 2 pin U.S. into one end which goes INTO anything American and the other single end ( of the cable ) goes into the British/NATO single pin socket.
The most expensive part is the 20 foot long heavyweight jump cable.
There are of course shorter cables.
And two pin to two pin FEMALE adapters to extend American jump cables.
To make it easy for us all my M'series trucks have the U.S. receptacle one side (
The original side ), And a British/NATO receptacle on the other.

So every vehicle in fact is on charge 24/7 from two 24 electronic maintenance/ recovery chargers.

All using the above combinations.

I will take pictures tomorrow. found 2 from years ago & lightened the picture

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks