• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

U Joint

comdiver

I need to replace the two universals on the drive shaft between the transfer and the front-rear axle (Middle). I have looked at the parts TM's and can't figure out which ones I need. Some of the drawings show a carrier bearing, mine doesn't have that. Also my universals have clips not flange tabs. Is there a cross refference to a number I can find at my local bearing shop?

jasonjc

The parts book covers all models of the 2 1/2 ton. Most parts are the same from a cargo truck to a water truck. When there is a diferance there is a UOC # under the part description. each truck has it own UOC# be it a cargo truck or water truck or cargo truck with a whinch. In the front of the parts book there is a list of these UOC #'s. There is also a few pages that tell you how to use the parts book and what all the codes and stuff are and/or mean.
Take a few minutes and read these few papges it will help you a lot in the long run.

Some parts have a cross to a civi parts #. But a lot do not. The military made a lot of stuff mil only to keep it from walking out the front gate.