• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

U Joint

comdiver

I need to replace the two universals on the drive shaft between the transfer and the front-rear axle (Middle). I have looked at the parts TM's and can't figure out which ones I need. Some of the drawings show a carrier bearing, mine doesn't have that. Also my universals have clips not flange tabs. Is there a cross refference to a number I can find at my local bearing shop?

jasonjc

The parts book covers all models of the 2 1/2 ton. Most parts are the same from a cargo truck to a water truck. When there is a diferance there is a UOC # under the part description. each truck has it own UOC# be it a cargo truck or water truck or cargo truck with a whinch. In the front of the parts book there is a list of these UOC #'s. There is also a few pages that tell you how to use the parts book and what all the codes and stuff are and/or mean.
Take a few minutes and read these few papges it will help you a lot in the long run.

Some parts have a cross to a civi parts #. But a lot do not. The military made a lot of stuff mil only to keep it from walking out the front gate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks