• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ugent help needed near cincinatti!!!

mightymanx

Got a phone call from my buddy doing a 109 recovery fuel transfer pump is gone and the IP can't suck the fuel up he is on the side of the road.

The fuel transfer pump fues blew and he bypassed it but the pump rins for a short period and winds down and stalls out. he is currently trying to get it to a safe spot by letting it slowly fill the canisters run till it's dry and start it all over again.

Is there anyone near that has a spare transfer pump and or can help.!!!!

I will update as I find things out

thanks gang

Dan

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Sounds like he is out of fuel. He is going to put in 10gal and see what happens. I have a pump I can pull and take to him if it doesn't fix his problems.

gimpyrobb

It sounds like low fuel was the issue. He is going to call it a night and go to a hotel. He has my # if there are any more issues.

mightymanx

He got it running it was low fuel but he is going to lay up for the day he lost the voltage regulator the alt is putting out 30vdc and he still needs to get a fuse for the pump. he is going to post here when he is at the hotel.

Thanks for all the help!! His recovery is officaly in the interesting catagory. I hope it does not turn into a Saga though.

I wish I could have flown out there to help I have a fairly decent track record but I had to do some stuff at work primarly retire from the Navy on friday. so I could not make the trip glad to see that there are some people around the area that can help.

Thanks Gimpy for all the help.

I am sure he will be along and post when he gets a hotel/food/ shower.

mightymanx

Ok here is what I know he off the road (thanks Gimp) and is at a hotel and he is staying put tomorrow to do some field expedient repairs. Here is what he needs:

A fuse for the fuel transfer pump it is currently jumpered.

A voltage regulator/alternator (The WT one never showed) and this one is making 30+volts.

Anybody know some same day parts houses or members that have those local???

Last edited:

renovate7

Make sure you don't have a bad battery causing the alternator to go to max output trying to charge it. A lot of GM 105 amp CS style alternators were fried because of this.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ginmpy knows everyone in the area. He may not be able to purchase the stuff on spot but might be able to get a loaner alt to complete the journey.

gimpyrobb

Problem is, I am working out of town today. Docfarmall isn't too far from their location, hope he can help.

mckeeranger

Where exactly is the located? I'm about 1:45 from cinci. We're installing an underground conduit, but should be done mid afternoon.

I had an over-volt problem on our deuce, it was a bad battery connection. It would connect enough to crank the truck, but then would lose connection, from vibration I think, and peg the ammeter. Had the same problem on the 5-ton, it was a bad connection on the master power switch. I guess what I'm trying to say is he needs to double check all connections. If these alts are not pushing power into the batteries, the regulator maxes them out.

mightymanx

Here is what I know from talking to him sorry it took so long for me to post but Zi am on PST. so it is still early here.

He has brand new matched group 31 batteries but the alt is still putting out way to much voltage he hasw been disconnecting it for the majority of the time and then when the bank gets low he reconnects it to charge. This might possibly be why the transfer pump fuse cooked.

I am not 100% on all of it being is I am only able to "see" things over the phone stuck here in Washington.

Thanks for all the help folks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks