• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ugent help needed near cincinatti!!!

Alredneck

Banned
Um once you get it fired up again you can shut the acc switch off and you dont need any power for the truck to run as long as you drive in daylight. Unscrew the Alt cable from the regulator if its on the firewall ( if you have generator ) or unplug the wires from either the alt end or Number 21 under the dash by the acc switch. A set of good batts will run lights all night as long as you have everything in the cab on dim or off and just head lights on.

If you are having a hard time gettting fuel to the IP, a can of ether will do the trick, or you can keep filling the secondary filter cans full of fuel till it suck up what it needs, you will have to hold the gas to the floor for a minute and slowly come off it to make sure, but once its idling slowly crack the 5/8 nut on top one of the secondaries and let what air is built up out. Be careful cause it will spray everywhere!

Second alternative is to get someone with a chain to pull start you down the shoulder till the IP can pick up the fuel.

mightymanx

Hi everyone. I'm Dan, aka rbktitan. Mightymanx is helping me by letting me use his account, we'll fix it once I'm running again. I was definitely out of fuel, put in 10 gal and transfer pump sounds normal again. Fuse replaced with correct one.

I think the old batteries that were in the truck killled the alt, have new batteries now. Having local shop look at alt to see if salvageable but not counting on it. If anyone in Cincinnati area has a good spare alt, I could buy it or ship it back once I get home.

Thanks a ton to Gimpyrob for picking up the phone at 1030 last night for a complete stranger!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No problem, I've been broke on the side of the road and know how much it sucks. Wish I were there to help.

mightymanx

Have an alt coming from Memphis, will be here Wed. Front driver's tire is flat too. Any idea what size the lugwrench its to undo the bolts?