• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ugh i rolled her!

Milkman357

DANG was I mad!

I work graveyard shift....

Iowa DOT pulled there plows Wednesday night since it was to bad out...

Black Ice, on bridge... on Interstate 80 in Des Moines Area....

PS If you find my windshield I don't want it back! Ha ha

No injuries... just some bruises. My pride took a big kick in the pants.

If anybody wants to donate parts for the rebuild I can pay shipping! (doesn't hurt to ask!)

I have some parts allready lined up....

I could use somebody who has a good welder In the Des Moines area.

Attachments

AaronW

Any help on how to measure frame?

!
I'm looking at TM9-8015-2 Power Train Body and Frame Tm for my M38A1. It Has a section on the Frame that lists Data. Eg. Length....128.44in. Also lists width and distance between brackets.

I don't have a CUCV manual. Others should be able to chime in here.

Last edited:

TyJustice

I'm glad you’re ok! And I would like to thank you for....;-)

Testing the roll over capabilities of my CUCV, I had always wondered how strong the roof was. At least I know if I ever roll it, I will be able to drive it home…Maybe?:-D

gaunt1969

Iv lost a bro in a simaler wreck . he wasnt wearing his belt and was tossed out. truck rolled on him. Glad to see you made it out only a little banged up.
But it would be cheeper to get another and take the 2 and make a good one.

REGULATOR

Glad your ok,

Ok so where do we start the roll cage thread?

seen quite a few roll overs in my day, been in a few too,
a lot of vehicles seem to just smush

the CUCV seems to have held up pretty good actually..

I'm already plannign a full cage when I do my build project, want to extend it through the cargo areas as well

91W350

I am glad you are still walking and talking amongst the living.... I agree with most of the guys, better to snag another shell and start over. You know what's good on the one you have, no dummy part pulling here....

scrambled

GL has a handful of m1009s in warner robbins, ga that are really picked over. Most of them have nice tubs and not much else. They should go cheap. I have swapped tubs before and it isn't as hard as you might think.

Boss Doug

Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing. Glad you maid it out ok. You have been given a second chance that MENY do not get. My son and I would be glad to give you a hand, but I think the commute is a bit far.

chevyrac66

Cut it up and make it a crawler!!!!:twisted::twisted::twisted::idea::idea: little exo-cage and some super slinky suspension..... you already have a pretty gooddrivetrain and good axles! lift, mud tires, and a little "rollover" protection to keep ya safe again! just my $.02

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks