• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ugly Mo Fo !!!

m.walker

I was gonna cut this up but it runs and drives too good . Not to metion the clean body other than the civy grill added on to help the 671 detroit fit in it .So I painted it green till I figure out what to do . Maybe make a bed and just play with it . I might even take it to the rally ! What do you think ?

Attachments

poppop

If it were mine I would keep it until a use for it came up. I think its kind of cute. certainly a conversation piece.

Jake0147

It didn't seem it so much in the multi-colors, but it looks to me like you're two thirds of the way to having the biggest WC62 ever made. :D

BillIdaho

Ok, I am going to give away, (for free) one of my long time dreams.... Take some obscure bed off of something strange, hang a couple of jerry-can brackets , some Nato tailights, and paint it flat black with bits of OD.......Then paint on some oddball markings, in some unreadable language....instant South Giglistanian special forces. Ubber rare, it's the ONLY one in he US.
A friend of mine and I have wanted to do that to something for years. Kinda P.T. Barnum.

If I may hijack this thread for but one moment, 20 years ago we painted a bunch of Pepsi cans OD, and had a ink-stamp made to say " Cola,Can,Beverage, One ea, FSN ???-??-????-??? and stuck them on the table at a local gun show....It was hilarious.

Ok, I am sorry for the interuption. You may now resume normal programming.

scooter01922

Maybe I'm a bit odd but i like it. It's still a lot better lookin than a lot of vehicals on the road and just think of all the cargo space if you manage to find and customize or build a bed. I'm sure that detroit SCREAMS :D

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I would keep it for sure perhaps make a neat camper out of it and I like the idea of a reliable detroit 6-71 in the truck. Did they also put in a Roadranger transmission or does it still have the original one in it? It does have a one of a kind look to it for going to shows

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
No idea what it is supposed ta be - but once you painted it OD again you're hooked. Now ta gotta let her live and be something useful.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Almost looks like it used to be a gull-wing shop van in a previous life. I'd put a roll-back or a flat bed on it, maybe find a M36 long-bed to plop on that, give it a purpose in life so it can start doing some hauling. Just my two cents.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At first, I was going to say, "I agree with the thread title." But, after scrolling down, reading the posts and looking closer at the pics, it grew on me. I like it. It has chacter!

I think you did right by painting it solid OD.

Drive that truck! :driver:

m.walker

I'm not sure if everybody picked up it was a bridge truck . the panels on the back are there from when the FD used it as a tanker , till I make or get a bed . It's wide so a regular bed won't do so I'm still up in the air but it's cool and I think I'll keep it ! Besides you couldn't buy a decent pickup for what I have invested so far ! Thanks Mark

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks