• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

UP of Michigan

camp9

Hello from a Yooper in Michigan. Looks like this site is a gold mine of information. Looking forward to learning from all the older posts on the site. Also going to try to do some buying on the GL auctions.

Camp

paradeduty

Welcome from "below the bridge".

Spent 10 or so years in Houghton, Hancock - where did you say you were calling home?

When you land a project MV, you are going to have to give it the "Arctic Camo" being as you guys usually have snow from Halloween to Easter on a warm year!!!!!!!

Again, welcome and have fun - great bunch of guys and gals here.

Take care, Dave.

98hd

Welcome from a temporarily displaced yooper. I'm from Gladstone (living in cheesehead land for now), still have camp up in Trenary and am there about every other weekend in the summer.

You don't own an xm818 do you? I saw one driving through escanaba pulling a van trailer last weekend.

camp9

Welcome from "below the bridge".

Spent 10 or so years in Houghton, Hancock - where did you say you were calling home?

When you land a project MV, you are going to have to give it the "Arctic Camo" being as you guys usually have snow from Halloween to Easter on a warm year!!!!!!!

Again, welcome and have fun - great bunch of guys and gals here.

Take care, Dave.
Ya, winter settles in pretty early up here. I live on the Garden Peninsula, between Escanaba and Manistique Were what's know as the banna belt of the UP :)

196thprober

camp9,

A hearty welcome from Oscoda; I'll beat the preverbial dead horse by saying this is a fantastic website packed with wonderful, helpful, and knowledgeable folks just itching to help and support other MV enthusiasts. if you don't have an MV yet take your time reading here on the site and ask questions, you will gert answers. BEST WISHES AND GOOD LUCK!

camp9

You don't own an xm818 do you? I saw one driving through escanaba pulling a van trailer last weekend.
Nope, we don't own one yet. We farm for a living and our three boys, 12,15, and 17 have been collecting old military things. They love it and we've had some great projects that we've worked on. The older the better, they've learned so much of the history and its gave them a very positive activity that will hopefully carry into being an adult. Our most recent pick was a 8mm mauser, and by the time they got done cleaning it up and getting all the numbers off it, then researching it, found out it was a russian capture. The hobby has wore off on to me as well, so we want to get an MV we can turn into another family project. Like to get a truck that we could use on the farm as well for grain and hay hauling, or just having around to drive and have fun.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter

camp9

camp9,

A hearty welcome from Oscoda; I'll beat the preverbial dead horse by saying this is a fantastic website packed with wonderful, helpful, and knowledgeable folks just itching to help and support other MV enthusiasts. if you don't have an MV yet take your time reading here on the site and ask questions, you will gert answers. BEST WISHES AND GOOD LUCK!
Thanks much, appreciate that. I've been trying to read the posts that apply to the questions I have about buying through the auctions, so I don't repeat posts, but I've noticed that there are a lot of repeats and haven't seen anyone getting raked over for doing that. :D

Camp

camp9

Greetings from Troy.
My M1028A1 contact maintenance truck is from the (formerly Co. C 107th Eng) 1430th in Gladstone.
Feel free to check out the Michigan affiliates of the MVPA. Hopefully you can join one or more of them. You do not need to own an MV to be a member.
MIMVPA
Great Lakes Military Vehicle Preservation Association
MMMT-Michigan Museum of Military Transport Foundation, Inc.
Arsenal of Democracy Motor Pool
Thanks much for the links. I was wondering about being able to pick up something from the guard bases up here. How often are they made available for auction? My brother in law is a command sargent major up here, and I asked him a while back about the MV's. He said that everything goes through the auctions.

citizensoldier

Welcome from the tip of the mitt. I am still a troll but smell better than a sugarbeater. Plus one half of the family are all MN,and UP Finlanders so I can't be all bad right? I hope to see you at a show or maybe a Steel Soldier Rally someday. It sounds like your boys would really enjoy a show with re-en-actors and tanks..

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks much for the links. I was wondering about being able to pick up something from the guard bases up here. How often are they made available for auction? My brother in law is a command sargent major up here, and I asked him a while back about the MV's. He said that everything goes through the auctions.

The auction stuff in Michigan is usually at Lansing, but occasionally at Selfridge, Alpena or Grayling, and I think Muskegon.

Ask your Brother-in-law if he knows Angel Rivera.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks