• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

updated m109 camper pics

shepsjeep

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a bunk from an aircraft carrier. It would make a great addition to an M109. GREAT FIND!!! I wished I could find one here for my 109, but there is no ocean in KS and the last Navy Air base near here closed many years ago...

houdel

Its gonna get hot soon here so ac is the next project.thinking of cutting the back door and mounting small window unit.any ideas worse or better? shane
For max cooling especially with a smaller A/C, you want to mount it as high as possible. An A/C unit would add a lot of weight to the door, making it harder to use the door and over time spring the hinges creating more problems. I'd suggest mounting the A/C high up in the front of the box, over the truck cab.

m109guy

Pawnshop - where is that bunk system at? maybe its closer to me....I have a 109 that needs outfitting.
That bunk is too big to fit inside the M109. You would have to cut off at least 6-8inches off the top. Trust me, I know. I have been working on my M109 camper again all weekend, and there isn't a whole lot of head room ;)

deess

in the door i can cut a perfect hole to fit my ac unit.in the front you have to find one to fit the existing window or fill in the gaps.in the front i think it would blow right on us.but i would rather have it in the front.the question is what to fill in the gaps with that looks good and works as well.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen the truck in person. It's looks better than the pics. Hey shane. I have the original A/C for the truck. It mounts in the front of the body. It's NOS and i have the manual with it. Let me know if you want to check it out. Mabye we can trade something?

deess

MY FRIEND MR KEN, always there to rescue me.would love to do some trading. Shane
p.s need to get over and borrow your towbar to pick up that truck before that guy changes his mind.

THEROAD

Nice job; but I like things that convert into beds; giving you more room until you want to sleep.Owning sport fishing boats I have a setee design that seats 4 for meals and then converts into a bed. RV's do the same thing. The couch also converts into another bed. I will be installing this stuff into my 109 soon and will take pics. You can also do a couch where the backrest swings up and hooks to the ceiling with chains to create bunk beds. All you have to do is hinge the top of the back rest and install some "S" hooks. Just store the ladder and chain under the lower couch section during the day. I have it all designed out on graph paper. Head with shower, stove, counter with sink, couch, setee, and plenty of open space for stuff.
Go to a boat show and see how they jam 20 pounds of crap into a ten pound bag all the time.
Good luck on your projects

deess

thanks for the intel, but mine is for sleeping wespend the rest of our time outside when camping so space is not of great concern to me

HardCorps79

Awesome! Funny- my kid's about the same age and has the same shirt. The wife saw a 109 a few weeks ago and starting talking about wanting to do something similar with it. Just bought an M1009 though, so it will have to wait a bit.

Semper Fi

Numbers

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks