• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uprights and Bows - What do I have?

m715mike

I was told that these uprights and bows were for a Deuce when I acquired them. But after trying them yesterday, I now think otherwise. What are these uprights and bows intended for?

The uprights are metal and measure 55” from the bottom to the bow. This causes the cargo cover to sit about 12” too high.

The bows are one solid piece and made of metal.

These pictures show the height:
5CE8E474-3145-4977-B457-9405C6DC0EF1.jpegF908D738-A934-43F5-A5FF-77F49EAAF98B.jpeg2162AA09-59AC-4F98-AA28-5FD41A6B9E6D.jpeg

Here are pictures of the uprights and bows:

92DE0D3F-026F-4CB7-95CC-57CBECCD1DEF.jpegCC79CE80-2882-4058-B1E3-238AA557A2AA.jpeg766D33E4-FE07-41F0-85E5-BAF8B9EF1F7F.jpeg

m715mike

Guyfang

Staff member
I think you have an A3 cover. I never saw an A2 cover with the air vents in front. I am not a truck guy, but rode in the back, and drove an A2 a gazillion klicks.
Ask someone like Simp to comment, or Will W.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I was told that these uprights and bows were for a Deuce when I acquired them. But after trying them yesterday, I now think otherwise. What are these uprights and bows intended for?

The uprights are metal and measure 55” from the bottom to the bow. This causes the cargo cover to sit about 12” too high.

The bows are one solid piece and made of metal.

These pictures show the height:
View attachment 843812View attachment 843813View attachment 843814

Here are pictures of the uprights and bows:

View attachment 843815View attachment 843816View attachment 843817
Looking at the 4th picture - from the inside of the truck - that Bow looks like 3 pieces to me. Can't tell for sure. My kit looks just like what you have but the uprights slip inside of the "bowed" part of the upright.

My plans were to setup the bandsaw and cut mine all the same length if it was required. Would definitely be a real PITA if it was all one piece. Or maybe not if you own a portable bandsaw...

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking at the 4th picture - from the inside of the truck - that Bow looks like 3 pieces to me. Can't tell for sure. My kit looks just like what you have but the uprights slip inside of the "bowed" part of the upright.

My plans were to setup the bandsaw and cut mine all the same length if it was required. Would definitely be a real PITA if it was all one piece. Or maybe not if you own a portable bandsaw...
I have a chop saw if you wanna swing by...

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know you just got the covers but if you knew someone with a lmtv cover to try out the fitment, it may fit. The lmtv covers are quite a bit longer in height and have a two piece side. Another plus is it will be a bit taller to walk inside of instead of hunkered over albeit the truck will be over all taller. My old m35 had came with a lmtv cover by mistake but I acquired the correct one later. Here’s two pictures comparing the two on the truck. As you can see the lmtv cover almost reaches the bottom of the bed with the factory m35 uprights.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I know you just got the covers but if you knew someone with a lmtv cover to try out the fitment, it may fit. The lmtv covers are quite a bit longer in height and have a two piece side. Another plus is it will be a bit taller to walk inside of instead of hunkered over albeit the truck will be over all taller. My old m35 had came with a lmtv cover by mistake but I acquired the correct one later. Here’s two pictures comparing the two on the truck. As you can see the lmtv cover almost reaches the bottom of the bed with the factory m35 uprights.
Big difference...
Nice to see the pictures with both covers on the same truck though!

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adjustable height is nice. Drop it for the highway and raise it for tall people. Drop them low for authenticity. I dropped the front bow and kept the rest high for short trips. It's that aerodyne look. Inside height is a bonus except on the road, bush, drive-thru.

groot drside.jpgP6161111.JPGM133.jpgP8060556 (2).JPG

The CDN is set up with a 1/4 inch pin that you pull to drop them.

STC_0565.JPG

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Adjustable height is nice. Drop it for the highway and raise it for tall people. Drop them low for authenticity. I dropped the front bow and kept the rest high for short trips. It's that aerodyne look. Inside height is a bonus except on the road, bush, drive-thru.

View attachment 844091View attachment 844093View attachment 844092View attachment 844094

View attachment 844095
That is a neat idea - with the first bow at the cab at "cab height".
Not sure that it matters, but it makes you more aerodynamic :)

m715mike

View attachment 844091View attachment 844093View attachment 844092View attachment 844094

View attachment 844095
I didn’t know that the CDN trucks were made to be adjustable. A friend of mine here in the Houston area modified his cargo cover to be adjustable. He drilled holes in the troop seat posts just above the bed. When he wants more head room under the cargo cover (usually for parades or camping), he puts a bolt in each hole for the uprights to rest on. For driving on the road, he removes the bolt thus allowing the cargo cover to return to its lower (normal) height.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks