• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

USA: SS Member - TOYS-FOR-TOTS

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ATTENTION STEELSOLDIERS!!!
toys-for-tots%20banner.jpg

Are you looking for a way to use your MV in support of a very worthy Christmas charity?

How about volunteering yourself and your MV to augment your local TOYS FOR TOTS campaign, typically sponsored by a nearby USMC Reserve unit.

(Toys For Tots is the ONLY I.R.S. recognized 501(c)3 Charitable Organization in the country sponsored by a US Governmental Agency or Department!!!)

This effort has, since the mid-1940's been collecting NEW unwrapped toys, and cash donations with which to purchase toys for distribution to needy and underprivileged kids, including the children of our WOUNDED WARRIORS if so requested, to brighten their Christmas each year.

I use our Deuce at various collection events, parades, and simply carry the TOYS FOR TOTS banners on the sideboards during the last quarter of each year to promote the cause.

2013-10-26 Toys For Tots at San Angelo Roping Fiesta 017.jpg

If you're interested in learning more, here's where you can find your local contact information...

Just pick your State, then on the next page pick your locality:

http://www.toysfortots.org/donate/toys.aspx

Typically, the sponsoring USMCRes units either do not have, or cannot get authorization to use their unit's MV's for TFT functions and must rely on POVs (Privately Owned Vehicles) either rentals, loaners (some dealerships provide cars/trucks) and personal vehicles to handle this mission. They really could use YOUR help!

In participating in the TOYS FOR TOTS mission, you will do several things:
1. HELP KIDS!
2. Help the Marines.
3. Exercise your MV and your body.
4. HELP KIDS!
5. Be a good ambassador for the MV hobby.
6. Introduce active duty Marines to private MV Ownership.
7. HELP KIDS!
8. Spread the joy of Christmas by providing a donation conduit for donors.
9. Spread the JOY or CHRISTMAS by getting toys into the hands of kids.
10. Did I mention - HELP KIDS!!! ?

If you do step forward and volunteer, please post it up here.

Enthusiasm breeds enthusiasm.

Last edited:

mbehne

Thank you for the link! Unfortunately our county is not covered at this time but the neighboring county to the north is. Hopefully I will be able to help them out!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
...and if you're lucky, they might just might let you "test drive" and position something "special" in the parking lot.

2012-11-02 Toys For Tots 24-Hour Command Post 001.jpg2012-11-02 Toys For Tots 24-Hour Command Post 002.jpg2012-11-02 Toys For Tots 24-Hour Command Post 003.jpg2012-11-02 Toys For Tots 24-Hour Command Post 007.jpg2012-11-02 Toys For Tots 24-Hour Command Post 008.jpg2012-11-02 Toys For Tots 24-Hour Command Post 009.jpg2012-11-02 Toys For Tots 24-Hour Command Post 010.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

ARYankee

I have to admit that I haven't been as active with this in the last 2 years as I have been previously but I hope to remedy that this year. Great reminder. Thank you!!!

SteveKuhn

We actually get an early start in conjunction with the Marines at Picatinny. It started in August with Santa's convoy at Lead East ("...862 Toys Donated and $4,200 raised for TOYS FOR TOTS by the Military Transport Association and Picatinny Arsenal Marine Reserves..."), a car show followed, and most recently the annual Butler football tournament and toy collection (Final toys count..654 including the 5 bikes + cash, photos below).

More events and pickups to come including the trains with convoys including the trains with convoys (3 this year).

Like USAFSS-ColdWarrior sez: Great fun, great cause, join in if you can.

Steve

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did it last year in Lexington, SC and have already contacted our state coordinator (back in September) about helping out with a deuce. Last year, all they had was a van, and it was hardly visible. My M109, with the banner on the side, was a lot easier to see. And kids of all ages had their picture taken in the driver's seat. Win-Win situation for all involved.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for the link! Unfortunately our county is not covered at this time but the neighboring county to the north is. Hopefully I will be able to help them out!
Good point.

The counties listed are simply the one in which the local Coordinator is located.
In the case of San Angelo, we cover a 17 county area in total.

SO... If your COUNTY is not listed, please DO check on the surrounding counties to find the one covering your "district" or "region".

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got the word....

This year the Marines (and our Deuce) will be delivering Santa Claus to the Sunset Mall for the kick off of the Christmas shopping season. In the past, they have used the hospital's medevac helicopter, fire trucks and others, but this will of course be the BEST EVER ! ! !

Will follow-up with photos as events take place.

SteveKuhn

Like USAFSS-ColdWarrior said, pick the location closest to you and you'll probably be in their area. They'll likely need help throughout. The Picatinny Marines cover the entire width of NJ from the Hudson to PA, then from the NYS border on the north into south Jersey where the Ft Dix (???) group takes over.

Steve

ranchhopper

My 923 will be going on the toys for tots run in Mchenry county IL on the 24th they contacted me last month requesting my presence and I told them I would be glad to join up with them.Last year I used my 923 to transport toys for the lions club in town from the drop off point to their building where they hand them out they filled the truck up twice they were grateful as it saved them numerous trips by car and trailer.