• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uses for Deuces

dittle

Was out brush cutting along the ditch on the farm. Front end of the tractor slid into the slimy muck. Was unable to get the front end out using the brakes and ended up sliding the back end into the muck as well. Got stopped before I got it very buried but the bottom 2 steps on the tractor had disappeared by this point. Got the deuce, hooked it up in low range 1st gear 6x6. Didn't even know the tractor was back there... no spinning of tires and no straining of the deuce. Ruts were about 3 feet deep from the tractor.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

91W350

A single axle semi delivering wood pellets for grills backed off of the edge of our driveway. The ditch is steep and deep, about 12 feet. He came over to the office in a panic, stating he needed something to apply a little pressure on the front of his truck while he drove out. He insisted he was not stuck yet, but did not want to make it worse.

I fired up the deuce and headed over, his left dual was hanging about six inches in the air. The only thing saving his bacon was the load was at a sharp angle on the fifth wheel plate.

I let him attach the chain to his truck, I hooked up and pulled him and his load up the ramp to solid pavement. No issues, low-low and lots of traction. :cool:

ridingshotgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, Friday night, we had some bad storms. Knocked out power for 6 hours, knocked down about 15 trees on my place and basically made a mess and quickly changed my Saturday plans! My driveway was blocked and while it was pretty easy to clear a path with the skidloader, it was more fun to drive over the debris with the deuce to go check on the neighbors!:mrgreen: My brother was in town visiting and we ran the chain saw, skidloader and the deuce all day Saturday clearing crap and hauling it to the back of the farm. Sure made it easier! First photo just showing some of the mess. I still have several more days of cleanup...just when you think you are starting to catch up:cry:

Attachments

Blendmaster2002

Hello, a couple weeks ago me and my dad used my m36a2 to assemble our H frame Trolley Chain hoist we built. Worked well as a deck for the ladders and staged the steel for assembly, C-clamped angle iron to the bed put wood in the bed lips to clamp too, stacked some 16”x16” blocks to take the load, and clamped up more temporary angle iron bracing then assembled it. Its 12’ high to the bottom of the 12” I-beam and the Channel Iron cross beams. 9 1/2' between the post by 9’ length of I beam.

Attachments

Blendmaster2002

Thanks 91W350, It will get some fixed lift tabs added to the channel to. we have removable caster wheels set up like vertical receiver hitches on the legs but they need fine-tuned before paint, and also jacking points on each leg as it requires a jack to put the wheels on.

Munk

I have used mine for: hauling wood, scrap metals, hauling smaller cars (for crushing and demolition derbies) pulling out vehicles including trtacktors and bobcats, sober cabs for drunken people who dont want to drive, tipping over trees, blazing trails, photos for people who want pictures, getting people the things they needed when town flooded, bithday parties for kids, parades, pickup and tractor pulls.

Akicita

I belong to a township commission that planted trees in April. With this heat and dryness now, those trees show signs of shifting into "emergency shut-down" mode. I asked for members to take a bucket and throw some water where those trees are. All of them are close to a pond. Nobody came to help. Time to get the old girl out.

Loaded a generator onto the back, a sump pump and about 100 ft of electrical cable and 100 ft of water hose, and drove out there, threw a plastic container with holes at the bottom into the pond (simple filter), put the pump into that container, hooked it up and turned the generator on. Works beautiful. Even dug a little moat around each tree to let the water seep in slowly.

Could not have hauled all that stuff in a regular car.

Pictures:
pump in bucket in pond
generator on Deuce
watering one of the trees (truck in the center of the photo)

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks