• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

using my 818 and trailer

cruz

it is a 20' dropside, on a 20+8 chassis trailer, a very handy trailer.
I know the truck could pull more wood, and the deuce would have held this wood, but I like the dropside to be able to just push the wood off onto the cement pad with the front end loader, which is much easier than throwing it all off by hand

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cruz, I really like your trailer. Is that an M814 (or the 900 equivalent) bed on another trailer frame? With an M818 looming in my future, a trailer like that would be very useful.

Cheers

Edit- Okay, your edit answered my question while I was still typing!

Last edited:

cruz

it is a chassis trailer, with a dropside bed attached to it, I got it this way, I am unsure if it is original or custom, the only data plate on it is for the chassis trailer.

rmgill

IT's the Trailer Chassis for the Expandable Shop Van setup. Not a bad trailer, light weight capacity though. Not good for anything approaching 7-10 tons as cargo sadly. Otherwise I'd snag one and convert it.

papercu

I think I've found some of those sides for that dropside type. Do they interchange? Front to rear or from one side to the other? TIA Wayne

TenTires

IT's the Trailer Chassis for the Expandable Shop Van setup. Not a bad trailer, light weight capacity though. Not good for anything approaching 7-10 tons as cargo sadly. Otherwise I'd snag one and convert it.
7-10 Tons! Good lord man, what exactly are you carrying around that approaches 20,000 pounds!

98hd

I know where one of those trailer chassis is. I have the same plan as you if I can get the guy to sell it to me for a decent price. Just need to get the tractor running and start hounding him to sell.

AaronHorrocks

I need to be able to haul one of these
I got myself an M979 series trailer, so I don't know if it's the 5 ton or 7.5 ton version...
And I've got myself a 5 Ton tractor... I'm starting to clean out my garage to make room for WMO and WVO refining in the corner. Had to dust off my old battlebot.

Sup Ryan!? :-D

rmgill

I got myself an M979 series trailer, so I don't know if it's the 5 ton or 7.5 ton version...
And I've got myself a 5 Ton tractor... I'm starting to clean out my garage to make room for WMO and WVO refining in the corner. Had to dust off my old battlebot.

Sup Ryan!? :-D
The lads in 15th Recce have the following divided among various members.

Daimler Armoured Car 8 tons
Humber Armoured Car ~8 tons
US Halftrack ~9 tons
Daimler Dingo ~3 tons
Daimler Dingo ~3 tons
Morris Light Recce Car ~4 tons
2 jeeps

So, we have a bit of heavy iron to move around for events. So far we have some lighter pickups and 2 5 Ton semi-tractors and My Deuce. We need trailers for hauling the heavier armor, hopefully 1 or two up to events with another lighter vehicle along for the ride.

How's things Aaron?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks