• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Using Spacers on wheels?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep in mind the federal DOT dosen't have any regulstions on wheel spacers but some states do not allow them . It is a good idea to check the state laws for the state you plan on using them in.

svanhorn

Bearings too.
The further you stick a wheel out from the center of the spindle, the more load you place on both the spindle and bearings, that neither were engineered for.

I personally, would get the A3, and swap frames out before running spacers.

Sierra51

I have a M101a2 that I use for work (bunk and field/camping gear)....it has the stock axle and I am running the HMMV 37x12.50x16.5 tire/rim combo on it....I also use 2" Rough Country aluminum alloy spacers in order to get the tire sidewall away from the frame, parking brake cable and the inner portion of the fender....with the 7" backspace on the HMMV rim the 2" spacer centers the tire/rim back to where the original 235x85x16 tire/rim sat in regard to the spindle/hub assembly....been running this setup for three years now behind a HMMV and my POV thru out the Gameland and Camp Mckall trails....no problems....only problem I had was with a Chinese crap steel Northern Tool tall pintle plate bending into a pretzel during a slow, wide arc backing maneuver....in an asphalt parking lot....

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks