• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

V100 mods

NEIOWA

whats this vehicles purpose? did a local swat team ask for you to biuld them a super cool rig
One would hope that is not the case. The counrty has more than enough marginally competent, wanbe Rambos in Blue running around with automatic weapons. Give them an armored vehicle also?

wgtactical

agreed, but mostly just asking if thats his business. building/rebuilding armored cars for le or gov types
I'll build just about anything for anyone who can afford it:grd:

This machine is mine, which is why I can take my time with it and be as detailed as I want to be...something you can't really do when you're locked into a set budget and time frame.

Also, these types of vehicles are not my primary business...it's kinda like a hobby that's outgrown it's playpen:)

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gerald,
I worry about you...... every time a see a new post on this thread, I think, what the **** has he gone and modified this time. :) Seriously, you freaked me out the last time that Alba and I came over and you rolled up in the motorized wheel chair, I thought that something had happened to you.... Then once I realized that you were just up to your same old craziness, I was greatly relieved.

Keep the pictures coming, need to make a trip down there with some stuff that I need some serious help with. (nothing that you wouldn't think was a piece of pie or cake (you're preference)). Also, what's your fav beer, I"ll bring a 12 pack for your help. :)

Take care adn keep up the good work.

wgtactical

Gerald,
I worry about you...... every time a see a new post on this thread, I think, what the **** has he gone and modified this time.
Seriously, you freaked me out the last time that Alba and I came over and you rolled up in the motorized wheel chair, I thought that something had happened to you.... Then once I realized that you were just up to your same old craziness, I was greatly relieved.

Keep the pictures coming, need to make a trip down there with some stuff that I need some serious help with. (nothing that you wouldn't think was a piece of pie or cake (you're preference)). Also, what's your fav beer, I"ll bring a 12 pack for your help.

Take care adn keep up the good work.
Sorry about that Jason…I’ve done worse :razz:
Come on over when you get a chance…and I like Sweetwater 420 if I had my choice :beer:

Looking forward to this axle build, i will have alot of pic's.
I'm looking forward to it as well Steve! My parts should be in tomorrow, and I’m cutting out the old drain locations and adding some stainless bungs to the bottom axle housings with 26mm magnetic plugs before I bring them to you. Everything will be nice and clean though 8)

Have you considered using a pinion disc brake kit at both ends?
I don’t think there’s enough room, considering how close the armor is to the axles in these machines

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is what i found on the second spindle, .028 total run out. Somebody hit something hard on a front wheel to bend this spindle. On a 48" tire that is .080 in/out on top to bottom if set perpendicular. I can take a light cut on the back side of the spindle flange and get 2/3 of it out. And making brake brackets.

Attachments

135gmc

Very Very Nice! Your workmanship is absolutely 100%. That's the advantage of doing something for a hobby - you can take the time to do it the way YOU want it to be.

Driving with your head sticking out of the hatch gets real old, real fast. The new front windows make this something that can be driven a lot more safely than you ever could with vision blocks. Every vision block I've ever run into was buttered up with silicone to stop the water leaks, which always made them impossible to remove without a 2 x 4 and a sledge hammer.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very Very Nice! Your workmanship is absolutely 100%. That's the advantage of doing something for a hobby - you can take the time to do it the way YOU want it to be.

Driving with your head sticking out of the hatch gets real old, real fast. The new front windows make this something that can be driven a lot more safely than you ever could with vision blocks. Every vision block I've ever run into was buttered up with silicone to stop the water leaks, which always made them impossible to remove without a 2 x 4 and a sledge hammer.
I take my time and do it right but it is not a hobby, this is how i make my living. When you love doing work like this you never work a day in your life. I am 57 going like i am 20.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks