• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VA Fall Classic in Newport News VA

Ford Mechanic

Sounds good!
So about 745 or 8 at 7-11 on George Washington should be close
Just got looking at the route times and your right on the money. I'll be aiming for 7:45 at the 7-11 that puts me leaving at 6:20-6:30. That 7-11 has a big parking lot that will be easy to get in and out of right?

I've got water, Pepsi, a&w, and Sunkist and 4 different types of chips. Anything else needed? What's our head and vehicle count looking like?

Capehenery

Have had 2 bow out due to family obligations and never heard back from one other so its you and I unless someone just shows up.
Bit disappointed but I'm still planning on having a good day!

Ford Mechanic

Just ended up being Capehenery, me, and my wife. A little more than 450 cars and our 2 M923A2's and my M105A2 trailer. They were well received, lots of kids climbing in and out. Lots of service men and women, and lots of interested folks.

Ford Mechanic

We had plenty of hot dogs, drinks, and chips. I had a uneventful trip there and back but dogs find out that is a bad idea to leave extra canned drinks in the bed of the 105. By the time I got there I had busted 2 root beers and a Sunkist. It was all over the floor.

Attachments

Last edited:

Capehenery

Had a great time and got to meet Mike and his wife. Thanks for making the trip! Had lots of interest in the trucks and was able to pique interest for a few people to come to OD Green side!
IMG_2979.jpg
Soldier B wanted to Drive for a bit so I let him have command during the show.
IMG_2982.jpg
Found a new leak after I got home. Looks like I have a new project to figure out:sad:
Any suggestions are welcome.
IMG_2985.jpg

Ford Mechanic

Pinion seal or 3rd member to housing? Pinion seal is fairly easy, the 3rd member (or what I think it's called) I think you have to pull the whole housing out from under the truck to remove the gear set. Check your axle vent 1st.

Capehenery

Thanks Mike, I found some info in the TM's but still unsure of the best way to figure out which one it is. After I check the air vent I plan on washing it down and driving for a short distance and checking again to see if I can determine where the leak is. There is oil on the pinion but not convinced that's the source. I'm hoping so because it would be easier than pulling the axle.

ghettoct

was at car show with my 73 mach 1 mustang and noticed the m923s and struck up conversation with allen and had plenty of questions on the how to's and such. well a few months later iam about to buy a m932a2 and wanted to say thanks to allen. met up with him at his house and he showed me what to look for and the ins and outs of owning one. hope to make the jump from classic cars to the green side!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks