• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

vaccum valve

hg adams

Does the vaccum valve change with a change in rpm? I am having trouble finding a new vaccum valve, and was thiniking about putting an easily adjustable ball valve of some sort in its place so I could quickly adjust the shifting characteristics for the job I am doing. Just a thought.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cucv vacuum valve does vary the vacuum depending on throttle position.

I know they are not easy to find but I recently won a lot of 50 of them, brand new AC Delco part number 14057219. I believe these were manufactured in 2008.

I will have them here in a week or so(they were picked up today), and they will be for sale in the classifieds.

I will also include a copy of the TM instructions on how to change and properly adjust it. There is a special tool that is called out in the TM, for setting it correctly, I plan to include a homemade wooden block that can be used to properly adjust it, also.

If you want one, PM me for details until I get an ad listed(after I get them in my possession).

Attachments

Last edited: