• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

vaccum valve

hg adams

Does the vaccum valve change with a change in rpm? I am having trouble finding a new vaccum valve, and was thiniking about putting an easily adjustable ball valve of some sort in its place so I could quickly adjust the shifting characteristics for the job I am doing. Just a thought.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cucv vacuum valve does vary the vacuum depending on throttle position.

I know they are not easy to find but I recently won a lot of 50 of them, brand new AC Delco part number 14057219. I believe these were manufactured in 2008.

I will have them here in a week or so(they were picked up today), and they will be for sale in the classifieds.

I will also include a copy of the TM instructions on how to change and properly adjust it. There is a special tool that is called out in the TM, for setting it correctly, I plan to include a homemade wooden block that can be used to properly adjust it, also.

If you want one, PM me for details until I get an ad listed(after I get them in my possession).

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks