• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Value of an M35A2

tjcouch

It seems the "times are a changin'".

With all of the trucks being liquidated . . . . I am interested in what you think these trucks are worth.

When people asked me in the past I would say "you can get them for $3K all day long, that's what I paid for mine."

But after looking at the recent auction it seems $2K and many for <$1K seems to be the rule . . . .

Am I missing something here?

So - I would be interested in what you think a fair private-party value is, and what do you think the average auction price is.

I know it varies greatly with condition, location, etc, etc,.

I guess what I am saying is, "It seems values are plumeting."

Agree or disagree?

kipman

It is a auction, if the auction is held in a remote area, the price may reflect it,that said, there is a end to the 2.5 ton truck, I think that we are seeing the end comming, more trucks that were pulled from scrap to be sold.

Orionspath

Great looking/running trucks in New Mexico w/w went for $3200 at close this afternoon. Several in Alabama w/w went for $1700-2700. Heck I paid over double that for my '88 a year ago. Last ones I bought (2) in Pennsylvania w/w '69 and'71 were $2800+. It depends of course on where you purchase and how many are there at one time. Just like Maddawg Mike said about the genny's.......' the more there are, the less you'll pay. I just wonder, HOW MANY TRUCKS ARE LEFT?

I have seen the GL prices dip in the past only to rebound to the higher rates. Flooding the market in a particular area will lower the price in one area while across the country no trucks are at auction. I see the value of these trucks being way higher than their selling price, when compared to other vehicles used for work, recreation or hobby. Real cheap steel, that is why I want to vomit when someone complains about a hundred dollar increase of their $400 bid.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For a bare M35A2 auction prices are averaging around $1,500+ for decent trucks. By the time you add buyers premium, sales tax, and sf97 you're looking at about $1,800+. Pirvate sale deuces are at $2,500-$3,500 depending on condition. You can add about $1,000 for a winch in either category.

I'm going to say that we may see a few more big bunches of trucks but then they will start slowing down and prices will climb steadily.

Sephirothq

the last truck in pa went for $1968. Add your 10%buyers fee $196.8, get an SF 97 form $60, pay for a title, sales tax and notery fees $175. And just do and oil change $100. So that's a total of $2500 and the truck hasn't moved one inch. If you drive it yourself there is a cost to get it home, if you have it hauled there is a cost.

You don't know if it runs,
If it needs batteries (probably)
If there are any major drive train issues, (engine, trans, transfer case, differentials)

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the last truck in pa went for $1968. Add your 10%buyers fee $196.8, get an SF 97 form $60, pay for a title, sales tax and notery fees $175. And just do and oil change $100. So that's a total of $2500 and the truck hasn't moved one inch. If you drive it yourself there is a cost to get it home, if you have it hauled there is a cost.

You don't know if it runs,
If it needs batteries (probably)
If there are any major drive train issues, (engine, trans, transfer case, differentials)
I've got a good runner in the classifieds right now for $2,500. I didn't give any where near $1,900 for it but by the time I got it hauled home, ready to go, and paid all the title fees and everything I'm not making much at $2,500.

roscoe

I thought the trucks were going up in price, but I haven't been watching that long. I still think they are pretty cheaply priced considering what any other diesel truck would look like at those prices. I would really like to get one more but considering they never seem to be close, I hesitate to bid too much.

IHASFIP

I paid 3500$ for mine. Mainly because it was the nicest one I have found in texas for a reasonable price and it was only 10 miles from my house. :) It is way nicer than some of the ones I have seen going for 4500$ I think the private party value has been about the same. At least here in Texas it seems like it. I looked at a few a couple of years ago and they were all about the same price. 2500-3500$.

D

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
July 14th, 2014... 5 years later.

Having almost zero comps on Ebay right now, and just a handful in the SS classifieds, I'm wondering if this moment in time is just a pause in the deuce hobby or the signal of a shift out of favor?

About the time this thread was started, there were more than a few conversations by SS hobbyists more seasoned than I about moving out of the deuces into 5 tons. Looking at this forum now, that certainly seems to have been the trend. This observation makes me wonder if the pool of deuce buyers has peaked, especially since that "bug out" conversation has abated.

I have no way of measuring, but it would be my guess that the number of running or potentially running trucks is not declining rapidly, partially because of our interest in the hobby and because scrappers may believe the parts are worth more than scrap steel.

Given all that, what is your opinion on the current and near future price of deuces?

Rick

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The price is always what someone is willing to pay.

I sold one in Mar for $5,000 wo/w. I have another for sale that I pulled off the site last week I was asking $6,000 for w/w.

The second didn't sell and what with the current climate I may not sell it and just keep my Deuce and 813.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The price is always what someone is willing to pay.

I sold one in Mar for $5,000 wo/w. I have another for sale that I pulled off the site last week I was asking $6,000 for w/w.

The second didn't sell and what with the current climate I may not sell it and just keep my Deuce and 813.
Good idea, I too have taken a couple trucks off the selling block. If the climate does'nt clear these trucks may become real collectors items.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since the wholesale market seems to be gone I don't see the prices going anywhere but up. As long as someone wants one bad enough they'll pay through the teeth for it. I decided to keep my M923 not as an investment but because I can't foresee ever being able to afford a LMTV now. It doesn't cost me anything to leave it sitting in the driveway other than the cost of fuel to run it around the block once in a while so everything stays moving properly.

FloridaAKM

As a johnny come lately owner, I feel I was lucky to get a decent truck before all the doors were slammed shut. No, I didn't pay $2K or $3K like they used to do; but it is a keeper & in really good shape for its age.

This latest situation of sales eliminates me from getting a FMTV or an LMTV in the future.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks