• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Value of Truck (M35A2)

ptg530C

CLEB: To tell you the truth, I think that is caused by starting out in 2nd gear. I think the syncros may be going and if it gets much worse, 3rd will dissapear since they are on the same shaft.

cleb

Just spoke with the owner, he said when you stop, and try to get it out of 2nd, or put it into 2nd for a 2nd gear start from a stop, its hard. The truck came from alaska, so it has the fuel fired cab heater, etc. Owner also stated the generator was disconnected because it was over-charging or something. Sounds like a bit more parts and work than I want to deal with :/ The search continues...

smithrf

hi im new here and need advice, i have found a 1970 m35 with the mutifuel engine with turbo, it also has a heater, winch, hard top, and a bouncy drivers seat, i think they call it a spring seat or something, it also has the air switch to engage front wheels. the bad news is no bed out back just chassis, i dont like that part but oh well. i havent driven it yet owner uses it on farm, i went there last weekend to see it and i did crank it up.....fired right up. the tires have about 25/30% left. he wants to sell it to me for......$2000.00.......any suggestions,good or bad deal????????? it also has a MWO tag inside door with 1989 on it.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's probably a bed in Columbia that would bolt onto the back. I can check at the weekly meeting on Thursday evening. Berg in Fayettville has tires. Lots of locals to help you out if you want it right there in Charleston.

dburt

I agree with all of the above, the transmission issues scare me, $4,000 seems much better! Keep looking, even on EbayMotors there are trucks coming up all the time that might be a better deal.

Sephirothq

I have an M35A2 for sale with a winch, soft top, cargo cover, turbo, air shift transfer case, heater, 45,800 ish miles, 1600 ish hours, clean looking truck. I am asking 4,000 obo. I am in PA here. Let me know if you are interested.
thanks

dburt

Hey Smithrf- that does not sound like a bad price for the truck you are looking at! How many miles and engine hours are showing? Try and see if the winch is operational. Out here in the west, a winch is worth $1,000 minimum extra on a truck. A hard top is about $400, a good heater is $250. And you should be able to find tires on EbayMotors, and a bed for it.
Good luck with your deal!

dburt

I'll have to second the idea of buying one from Alex at Idaho Motor Pool if you are reasonably close to SW Idaho. I bought my truck from him. You can drive his trucks away and know there are no issues that will leave you by the side of the road. He does have quite a few trucks right now that are in the $3,500 to $5,000 price range that need mostly cosmetic attention, and then he has the really nice ones that run up to around $8,500. His do not have title issues, and he is a really nice guy to deal with. Give him a call!

smithrf

thanks SCSG-G4 please let me know what you find out with info. on bed and or tires, and yes i am in Charleston and will take any local help i can get, i am going back out to it Sat. and drive it and he said the winch does work, and best i can remember the mileage was around 28,000 and hours was 1100