• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Veterans Parade Columbus GA.

zout

For those that might be contemplating coming here is a attempt to temp you.

Gathering is at CAMO hooch
They head to the overpass and line up and watch it come to life
Heading out into Columbus towards Phoenix City the crowd is beyond spectactular in their appearance - the kids are
numerous in their attendance as well and hardly a one does not have a sign for the Veterans.

From the street to the buildings there is hardly any moving room for the spectactors

Heading up over the bridge with Proud American in the lead the sirens blare letting the folks know on the other side (whom you cannot see yet) that CAMO is coming.

Once you top the bridge you are awe struck and its beyond belief of the display of folks starting at the end of the bridge and curve - once you get to the curve to turn down town Phoenix City it becomes more spectacular - mobs and mobs of folks awaiting your arrival in full display - the countless Veterans - famlies all honoring the Veterans and the display of vehicles - from the bridge at to the end of the City - the folks encapsulate the entire route.

It is truely breathtaking - CAMO tops it all off so you can calm down with a BBQ.

Hope you can make it

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PB can you put me down with my M1009 please, I am going to work hard hard to make it!

3dAngus

Interesting as I just got off the phone ordering the parts I need and came to let you know.
Count me in. I'm sure I can have this thing put back together and in good running order in the prescribed time.
Might take me two trips with the trailer and all. Any chance I can bring in a M101a1 trailer a couple days early and park it somewhere?

Looking forward to it!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Interesting as I just got off the phone ordering the parts I need and came to let you know.
Count me in. I'm sure I can have this thing put back together and in good running order in the prescribed time.
Might take me two trips with the trailer and all. Any chance I can bring in a M101a1 trailer a couple days early and park it somewhere?

Looking forward to it!
Whatever you need you have Brother!!

Gonna count on the M1009 Swiss.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Yikes!!! I compiled the list and looks like 21 vehicles with only two duplicates (M37s).

I only have 16 confirmed drivers including those bringing their own vehicles.

Anybody know where I can borrow 5 good troops??

Attachments

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PB I have reached out to a good troop, he is in dependent on his boys advancement to a playoff final. So worse case he fills in for somebody that does not show :)

3dAngus

Much to do before the parade. I cannot tell you PB and the rest of the CAMO team how excited I am to join you in the Veterans Day Parade. I wanted to share with you what I am going through in order to honor our Veterans, my father who served in Columbus, retired there, and died there. Also, riding as his co-pilot, I hope to have my nephew's name on the passenger side door. I was informed on Thursday evening, at the Ga. Rally, they just found out he had stage 4 cancer in the liver bile duct and was given 6 weeks to live. It did not last that long, and he was cremated on Wednesday, and we will have a ceremony for him in LaGrange, just N. of Columbus, on Saturday at the funeral home. I hope to get his father, much in grief at the passing of his son, to ride with me in his son's seat, as my co-pilot. Roger, my brother, was also a Vietnam Veteran, and is very interested, but he is up to his nose in "other duties as assigned" right now and it is iffy.
I look forward to the work on the brakes with parts on order, decals on order, and paint on hand. Taking off the hood now for a better job where previously, in a rush, I covered much of the damage with a big white star, due to the time limitations at that time. Now I happily start over, improving my past work from last year. Also, the bed was never redone and I intend to do it, with wire brushing and paint, as well as taking off the canvas from the cab and refinishing it. This is still not going to be a Zout job, but a job done with pride, whether perfect or not, and a vast improvement though not nearly professional. The work will sustain the truck for another few years until a body off the frame sandblasting can be considered by me or another.
Thanks for the opportunity PB. I'll bring you a bottle of Crown.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Much to do before the parade. I cannot tell you PB and the rest of the CAMO team how excited I am to join you in the Veterans Day Parade. I wanted to share with you what I am going through in order to honor our Veterans, my father who served in Columbus, retired there, and died there. Also, riding as his co-pilot, I hope to have my nephew's name on the passenger side door. I was informed on Thursday evening, at the Ga. Rally, they just found out he had stage 4 cancer in the liver bile duct and was given 6 weeks to live. It did not last that long, and he was cremated on Wednesday, and we will have a ceremony for him in LaGrange, just N. of Columbus, on Saturday at the funeral home. I hope to get his father, much in grief at the passing of his son, to ride with me in his son's seat, as my co-pilot. Roger, my brother, was also a Vietnam Veteran, and is very interested, but he is up to his nose in "other duties as assigned" right now and it is iffy.
I look forward to the work on the brakes with parts on order, decals on order, and paint on hand. Taking off the hood now for a better job where previously, in a rush, I covered much of the damage with a big white star, due to the time limitations at that time. Now I happily start over, improving my past work from last year. Also, the bed was never redone and I intend to do it, with wire brushing and paint, as well as taking off the canvas from the cab and refinishing it. This is still not going to be a Zout job, but a job done with pride, whether perfect or not, and a vast improvement though not nearly professional. The work will sustain the truck for another few years until a body off the frame sandblasting can be considered by me or another.
Thanks for the opportunity PB. I'll bring you a bottle of Crown.
Listen Brother, a wise man once said "You go to war with what you have". So whatever you have to bring will be honored and placed with the best we have.

I'm deeply sorry for your loss and my prayers are with you and your brother.

As you are both Vietnam Vets, I wonder if you may want Proud American Guntruck to stand to in honor of your nephew and in support of your brother?

Let me know and we will bring her up. I'm assuming you mean Saturday 26 October?

I'll PM you my cell #.

sandcobra164

PB, in reference to your response to 3D's post, I'll come up this weekend and drive "Proud American" to wherever it needs driving to if a mission comes up. Let me know and you have my cell number. If not, it's 229-364-2842. Call and I'll be there. I've even got a duty driver that goes by "Atomic" on here.

zout

Sad to hear the news of your Father's passing.
Don't worry how you paint yours - its gotta be better than my runny ole sloppy jobs anyday. Most important is to have fun in it no matter how it looks.

It will be great to see you the 9th if you can make it down.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dell thank you for sharing your grief and thoughts, we are thinking about your Nephew and our prayers are with him, the family and all who knew him. PB's offer of the Proud American at the funeral almost brought me to tears. Steel Soldiers members represent some of the best of all human qualities. We look forward to seeing you on the 9th and I will have a big smile to lighten your heart.

zout

Spent a little time Sunday afternoon when the sun finally came out to clean up and get the Jokers ready for the Parade.

Going to be running with the big boys and need it presentable and worthy to the crowd in rememberance - besides not being kicked out by PB cause it looks bad.Photo3111.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks