• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC-1 Installed....AWESOME!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had 2 systems at one time. One was installed in my deuce tractor circa 2003. It only took one long summer trip for me to pull it out and sell it. The H161 headsets were very hot and uncomfortable here in FL. Other than that it worked pretty good.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
BC,

Are you sure? I think you mean to run this from the MX-7777 to the AM-1780 (if you are not installing a radio) or to the radio mount (if you are installing one).

The power in for the MX-7777 comes from the battery, into the cord you have to cut the bendix off of, through the cord, and then out of the circular connector with the distinct T-shaped thumb screw. All other circular connectors had D shaped thumb screws. The T-shaped thumb screw is an outty and the D shaped is an inny type screw. Not very technical discription but that's how they look.

The power then goes through the MX-7777 and out the side horn into a bendix equipped version of the CX-4720 cord.

Here's a link I did awhile back showing all the comonents.

Boatcarpenter

CARNAC, I was relating this from a not to great memory. I will have to get the flashlight out and go look:-D
I just went and looked. You are correct:oops:. I guess that is why you are THE CARNAC.
Yes, you have to get the connector to go into the MX-7777 that has the male thumscrew threaded part, as opposed to the much more common female threaded part. I found one and put it on a 4720. I think I did the same for the output side of the MX-7777 to the MT-1029 with the Bendix connector.
I better delete the misleading info in my last post.
Thank you for the correction Sir!!
BC
P. S. I think there is some three letter disease that describes what just happened to me on that first post, but for the life of me I can't remember it!!

Last edited: