• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC-1 placement

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at the pic closely for green text to the left and right of the rear window near the top.
Is this going to be a reasonable location for the controller and two modules?
It seems to be the only locations that would be easily acessable by the driver and passenger.
I am thinking of mounting a plate on both sides between the the vertical ribs to mount the units on.

Any comments are welcome,
Bruce

Attachments

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you very much! I am assuming that is a C-2298VRC at the top right, and possibly a
mx-7777/gRC at the top left. Where did you place the passenger C-2298/VRC?
Also do you happen to have close ups of their installations?

I don't have the AM-1780 in my hands yet so I am really happy about the fit you show in your pic!

Thanks,
Bruce

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The hard top may offer additional placement options, but it should also fit behind the passenger seat (deuce cab is similar) and all is turned on/off via the MX7777 below the passenger seat. I kept the headsets suspended above and behind for out-of-the-way stowage.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put my amp on the hardtop vertical supports. They are spaced just right for th AM-1780;-)
Don't they hit their head on the 1780? I like the 2 corner mounts. I have twin seats and plan on putting the 1780 in the center on the back of the cab with the 2 boxes and headsets like Wsucougerx has his. Suppressor behind pax seat.

wsucougarx

Don't they hit their head on the 1780? I like the 2 corner mounts. I have twin seats and plan on putting the 1780 in the center on the back of the cab with the 2 boxes and headsets like Wsucougerx has his. Suppressor behind pax seat.
There is that potential of hitting your head on it. During normal driving, my son nor any of my passengers have ever hit their head on it. Surpisingly it does sit farther back than it appears. However, I am making a military looking cover to go over the unit using 1 inch high density closed foam. That's on my winter time project list;-)

Out of all the mods and do dads I put on my trucks, the VIC-1 is my favorite. So much so I've got them in every truck. I also made sure I had enough spares for the future....LOL
Picked up 3 AM-1780's, 21 C-10456's,18 LS-454's, 1 MX-7777.

Attachments

Last edited:

deuceaid

Banned
I have seen what Jon ( JDToumanian ) did and it looked neat, I dont know if He has pics posted somewhere, maybe He can put some here?

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks! I need all the help I can get. That being said, does anyone know what the nomenclature of the
connector that plugs into J3 on the MX 7777/VRC? This is where the power is fed from the vehicle.
The cable assemblies are hard to come by (CX-10613/g) so I am hoping to find a connector so I can build my
own cable.
Bruce

wsucougarx

Haha, the CX-10613 has got to be the hardest cable to find. I've always used the CX-10071 to power my 3 MX-7777's. In fact there are a couple on ebay right now;-) just type in CX-10071 and you got it.

wsucougarx

You know the shorter length ones arent too bad. From my experience, you ve got to buy the cables when you find them. You wait and hold out on a better price may have you waiting for awhile.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found I had some cables that came out of an RTTY shelter I bouGt years aGo.
They had stripped out the radios, but left some cables behind. I am pretty sure that I can use one of them to power up the MX-7777.

I had bouGht a MT-1029 mount a lonG time aGo and a radio chassis that had been Gutted,
so I hope to mount that under the passenGer bench and possibly put an old laptop into the
chassis if I can fiGure a way to make it fit and make it usable.

Possibly inteGrate it with the backup camera settup I hope to put in. This would be mostly for playinG tunes on a lonG trip. Haven't thouGht this out too much yet.

SuGGestions are welcome.

Thanks to all who have chimed in so far!
Bruce

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks