VIC to Cellphone Adapter and Military Radio Digital Modes Adapter

CommoChief

Augi...or anyone, has there been an upgrade to accept a phone such as the Apple IPhone that does not have a 3.5mm audio plug? The Apple has the usb style plug.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are adapters for lightning cable to 3.5 mm (iPhone to 3.5 mm). This is what I use. Beware, the cheap Chicom adapters are hit and miss. Buy quality.

They make a Bluetooth with 3.5 mm plug. Amazon has one for $15.99, which is $1 less than buying a lightning cable adapter ... go figure.

That seems pretty handy. I have not tested it, but looks promising.

Attachments

Last edited:

Augi

Hi All,

I'm happy to announce that I've got another round of boxes complete and ready for sale!

It's been about 3 years since I made the last run and unfortunately my costs have gone up. That means I need to charge $120 + $15 for USPS flat rate shipping. However I can fit several adapters into a single shipping box.

If you want one please send me a PM with your name and address and I'll respond with details on how to pay. I'll gather people's info for about two weeks and then I'll ship them all out at once.

Thanks,
Augi

CommoChief

Hi All,

I'm happy to announce that I've got another round of boxes complete and ready for sale!

It's been about 3 years since I made the last run and unfortunately my costs have gone up. That means I need to charge $120 + $15 for USPS flat rate shipping. However I can fit several adapters into a single shipping box.

If you want one please send me a PM with your name and address and I'll respond with details on how to pay. I'll gather people's info for about two weeks and then I'll ship them all out at once.

Thanks,
Augi
Augi,

In your post #40 it sounds as though your adapter will not work with the Vic-1 if a radio is attached. I have an RT-524 / Vic-1 set-up. Has there been any updates to this since post #40..?

Thanks in advance...Bill

Augi

Hi Bill,

You are correct, you will not get the full functionality. It's a limitation of the VIC 1 system and my adapter box.

With a VIC 3 it works fine along side the radio.

Augi

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Totally worth it. Rolling down the highway in a five ton, carrying on a conversation on the phone. I usually can’t understand anything if there is noise around. I have no problem with this setup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks