• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC to Cellphone Adapter and Military Radio Digital Modes Adapter

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
I have a new box in the works with bluetooth...

Check it out here:
This link doesn't work. Is the thread gone?

I'm interested in both possibly.

BLK HMMWV

Related post on another board.

Re: Bluetooth Cellphone to VIC-3 Adapter
» Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:18 pm
Just so it saves people from continuing to post interest I messaged Augi and the short story is he won’t be making any for the foreseeable future due to parts shortages among other issues.
I was hoping to get a couple more myself, but it looks like it won’t be happening at least not for a long while.

Augi

Hi everyone,

I've got enough interest now that I'm looking into a way around the part shortage. I may have to do a small redesign of the circuit board. If you still want one please PM me.

Thanks,
Augi

Augi

All of the adapters are spoken for and all have shipped. Thanks everyone for participating.

Here are instructions for how to use them:

This adapter allows you to make calls and hear music, navigation, etc through your VIC-3 headset by connecting to your phone using Bluetooth. Your phone is treated as a "radio" by the VIC-3 system.

The adapter connects to one of the radio ports on the VIC-3 Master Control Station or Radio Interface Terminal using a CX-13473 or CX-13489 cable (supplied by you).

When you turn on the VIC-3 for the first time with the adapter connected you can use your phone to search for Bluetooth devices and connect to "VIC-3". Your phone will automatically reconnect from then on.

To hear audio from the phone, on your VIC-3 crew box you must set the "MONITOR" knob to "ALL" or to "RADIO X" where "X" is the letter of the port you have connected the Bluetooth adapter to.

To place a call, on your VIC-3 crew box you must set the "WORK" knob to "RADIO X" where "X" is the letter of the port you have connected the Bluetooth adapter to. Dial a call on the phone as normal and hold the PTT on your VIC-3 headset to talk to the person on the other end.

The VIC-3 Master Control Station program settings must be set so that the crew box you are using has permissions to the appropriate radio port. If in doubt, set the MCS power switch to "ALL" and all crew boxes will have full permissions. You can also get fancy and make a program to disallow specific crew boxes from talking to or hearing from "RADIO X", so they can't participate phone calls.

VIC-3 Lite MCS's have no programs and default to "All".

Augi

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks