• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Viet Nam CONEX boxes

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kyle, the earliest CONEX, which now I know thanks to this thread was in use before Viet Nam, is 8'6" long, 6'3" wide, and 6'10" high. Should be way under 13'8" bridge minimum in a deuce. As others have mentioned, there are several generations of more modern versions of these in use now. I plan to tie this down in deuce bed in the same manner as the S280 shelter.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kyle do a search for storage container boxes and see if there are any local.

Last time I priced them they were $2,900 for a 40 foot and about that for the 20 foot as well. The 20s are more popular because or their uses.

sw

The Janiter

Kyle; The box I have is"Shelter - Repair Parts Transport" says the tag on the door, if the pictures atach - look at the end w/folding steps and also you see the many ty downs for diff. trucks.

This one slides in to the standerd m35 bed on 3 runners and can be slung as you can see many ways.

Inside higth 6'4" outside 6'11" -- 2" insulation 3" runner

Also a single door small conex I have.

Look at Hooks, Texas - outside the gate on Interstate 30 are 2 surplus stores. One at the overpass and one on the N. side of the freeway 1 klic east of this intersection.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks