• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Voltage Regulator on 60a Alternator

ParkStaff

Thank you So much for the fast reply! The outside of the case on the link you sent me looks exactly the one I have purchased that is about 1 MM to large to fit into the alternator and has 4 male connectors on the inside as opposed to 3 male connectors on my original voltage regulator.

How can you identify this is the correct regulator without seeing the inside of it?

Thank you!

Smckerigan

I had to get the manufacturer’s name of the generator and talked with southern auto about which one I need and he sold me the correct one and it did have a extra spade terminal but just attach the correct number off the wire to the spade marked on the new one. Hope this helps.

papakb

There were 2, 60 amp alternators used in the HMMWV.

The early one is model AMA5102UT. This one uses regulator AMA1004A, 4 pin type connectors on the regulator and no resistor.

The later (current) model is AMA5104UT. This one uses regulator AM2004AS, 3 blade style connectors on the regulator and a 50 ohm, 50 watt resistor on the casting. This is the only replaceable part on this assembly.

If you want to try replacing the resistor first I have them and can send you one if you PM me a mailing address.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks