• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VW Kurierwagen (VW 181)

ducer

The zinc primer is the cause of your paint adhesion problems. It is not generally made to be top coated. A good sandblasting and zinc phosphorous acid etch and then 2 coats of P.O.R. 15 would be the best way of preventing rust. I use all P.O.R. 15 products and have excellent results with them, just follow the directions.

Denny

HUGO bOSS

The zinc primer is the cause of your paint adhesion problems. It is not generally made to be top coated. A good sandblasting and zinc phosphorous acid etch and then 2 coats of P.O.R. 15 would be the best way of preventing rust. I use all P.O.R. 15 products and have excellent results with them, just follow the directions.

Denny
Thanks Denny for your words. I will send the chassis to a sandblaster for a better cleaning and zinc aplication, as you said. about the POR15, I now the quality and the new only by the net... Nobody have that for sale in Madeira island... and the prices with the shipping costs, plus tax duties is to forget... :(

HUGO bOSS

After allmost two years of work on this car at weekends, this is how it looks at this moment:

Looking allmost like a car :) ...

A real mess of coulors... But when he have just one coulor in primer, should look better...

Hope to finish the weldings and gridings and start the apint before august... lets wait and see... ;)

trukhead

Thankyou for your fantastic and very interesting and informative thread. I enjoy your mix a fabricated and factory parts for the body tub and pan restoration. It is fortuitous that you are able to get the factory replacement panels that you have used. Your repairs are thorough. Happy motoring!

HUGO bOSS

A gift from Germany:

The PKW Manual from 1969... the first year of production...
The rubbers are the old ones for the fuel channel on the chassis that I simple cleaned and aply on the car again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks