• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

waiting for the tow truck

Crash_AF

It should have a J-Code engine since it's a 1 ton so it would be exactly the same. The problem is that it's a crapshoot on whether or not it's going to be good or not. But as a test, if you're willing to risk the work then I'd say go for it.

Later,
Joe

Crash_AF

What you might want to try before you give up on it, is pulling the return line port and clean it out. If it's blocked, it can restrict flow through the pump.

Later,
Joe

watkinssr

Grasping at straws. the fuel was pretty dark, and I dont trust it so I just drained the tank. Going to go get fresh diesel and try that. I know it's probably the injection pump, but since I cant afford one right now I might as well try anything else.

watkinssr

Wait....luck comes in a good variety?

Got the old injection pump off, thanks to a friend of mine more able to crawl up on top of the motor. The old pump had a date on it of 10/07/08. i cant imagine this thing going bad in less than two years. But I've got the new one, so it's going on there.

watkinssr

BTW, when I pulled the old pump, it was only held on by one nut from the engine side, and two bolts through the gear.

Oh, there was a spring loaded pluger thing in the end of the pump where it goes into the motor...not on the new one...what is it?

linx310

the tag on the pump said 829-4541. Isn't that a ford number?
Lol I think so...looks like some one could have put an injection pump from a ford 6.9 on it. Maybe thats why it is having problems.
6.9L Diesel Pickup & van C-6 Automatic & 4-speed Manual Rebuilt Fuel Injection Pump F/P 6.9 DB2 829-4541
Looks to be a Stanadyne DB2829-4541 injection pump for a ford 6.9[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Last edited:

Crash_AF

Lol I think so...looks like some one could have put an injection pump from a ford 6.9 on it. Maybe thats why it is having problems.

Looks to be a Stanadyne DB2829-4541 injection pump for a ford 6.9
I wonder if some guy working on it after it came out of the military just said, "It's a Stanadyne DB2, why wouldn't it work? They're the same pump, right?" aua

Hopefully wherever you got the new pump from will let you use the Ford pump as a core... Or is this the 'new to you' pump off the short bus?

Later,
Joe

K9Vic

I wonder if some guy working on it after it came out of the military just said, "It's a Stanadyne DB2, why wouldn't it work? They're the same pump, right?" aua

His truck came from a local car dealer that bought it directly from the GSA auction. It was never in the hands of any non-military maintenance facility as the dealer only messed with the starter from what I know and saw before watkinssr boughtit. I think his truck came from Fort Hood, so if anyone put in the wrong pump it was the military mechanic.

linx310

His truck came from a local car dealer that bought it directly from the GSA auction.
Since it came out of a GSA could another government agency had it other then the military such as a fire department?

Or some one swapped it out on one the lots thinking no one would notice...lol

Barrman

"Grab your tools Fred. The pump went on my Ford and we are going to GSA to 'look at trucks', if they have one. You swap in my old one and I will talk to the people at the other end of the place about Dueces coming up for sale."

watkinssr

His truck came from a local car dealer that bought it directly from the GSA auction. It was never in the hands of any non-military maintenance facility as the dealer only messed with the starter from what I know and saw before watkinssr boughtit. I think his truck came from Fort Hood, so if anyone put in the wrong pump it was the military mechanic.
It's possible the dealer did it. I don't trust anything that guy told me at this point. and it had PSA on the doors -- nobody seems to know what that means. It came from operational test command at fort hood originally.

Bout to head out there and finish hooking up the new pump as soon as I take my wife to work. Lets see what I can break now.

linx310

Bout to head out there and finish hooking up the new pump as soon as I take my wife to work. Lets see what I can break now.
I think most of the breaking was done by the previous owners...lol