• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Want ads - Open to any user

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just an update, we've opened up wanted ads to any user. Premium membership isn't required for WANT ads. However, DO NOT post FOR SALE items under the wanted section.

[thumbzup]

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
And within a matter of hours, we've already had someone violate/abuse this. It will revert back to the old way if this keeps up...

deuceaid

Banned
Just asking before I get in semi trouble, but what if I wanted to give something away for free? Just asking, Thanks, and thanks for opening it up.:-D

edit,,, or what if we had a freebie area, free if you haul it away etc?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please hold off at the moment. I'm still trying to decide how to tackle that gray area. I want it to be totally free for people to give stuff away.

In the past, I had made a post in the vehicle specific forum that I had X to give away. But I'll let the rest of the staff comment on if they want that or not.

dblcamaros

what if you wanted to trade an item for an item that you need. Could this fall under the "wanted" section. i.e. wanted cargo cover.....am willing to trade troop seats. Or does that need to be in the calssifieds?

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you are in need of it, that means you want it. So I would say, yes, it is a wanted ad. You just happen to be telling people that you are willing to trade a certain item as a means of payment to get what you want.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm going to have to decline this. People will abuse it. You're free to place a wanted ad and discuss a deal with the person via PM, but NOT as an ad.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There's not really a need for a separate trade section. Just place it in the for sale section instead.

Danl

Danl M915A1

Can we sell none milertary stuff like a civy close trailer that is good for hauling Gl wins home I put willys in it and haul them from maine to NC.?

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the site rules...

Classified Ads: Do not post commercial advertising. Commercial advertising is a pay-per-ad service. Please email the webmaster if you would like to post a commercial/vendor ad. Please keep all classified ads military vehicle related. Do NOT post more than 10 ads at any one time. Users with more than 10 ads will have their oldest ads deleted. Members who consistently abuse the system by posting more than 10 ads will have the classified ad privileges revoked. You may only advertise items you own (No posting items for other people).

You said yourself, the item is non military

3dAngus

With all due respect, I don't think that is what is meant by commercial advertising. If he is a SSer, and has a vehicle to transport MVs or parts in, he can probably advertise it. It doesn't mean he is a commercial vendor by profession who would advertise on here as such. He should be able to email the administrator on a one time basis and get permission to sell a trailer for carrying MV equipment around. I know there is a demand for his product here. And it would put him in a better position to support his green hobby.

I know I couldn't do without mine which is used to support my green addiction.

Not being argumentative. Just a thought from another viewpoint, as I've seen civilian trailers sold on here previously.

Danl

Danl M915A1

From the site rules...

Classified Ads: Do not post commercial advertising. Commercial advertising is a pay-per-ad service. Please email the webmaster if you would like to post a commercial/vendor ad. Please keep all classified ads military vehicle related. Do NOT post more than 10 ads at any one time. Users with more than 10 ads will have their oldest ads deleted. Members who consistently abuse the system by posting more than 10 ads will have the classified ad privileges revoked. You may only advertise items you own (No posting items for other people).

You said yourself, the item is non military
I jest asked to be safe

Last edited:

3dAngus

The Mods will delete it as appropriate. Yeah, he definitely went a little overboard and took advantage on that one. Mods, please delete this post as well when you delete his advertisement. Thanks for all your help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks