• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Want to transport?

91W350

If it needs a battery, it will probably take two. That is one thing you do not want to save money on, you can get by with a lot smaller battery, but these things take some juice to crank cold, due to the glow system and the high compression. I have been putting the highest cranking Group 31s I can buy in mine. The 6TLs that are in them originally are just outrageous for price. I wish I could help you with transportation, I really enjoy getting an old truck running again. Glen

flyboi__01

Thanks for the help. I ran into some technical difficulties of picking up my truck but they are being resolved now. What type of batteries do you suggest for the m1009. I have been thinking of doing a 12v coversion but I am still on the fence.

91W350

I vote to keep it 24 volt, but that is just me. The ability to jump other military vehicles is a plus for me and the only thing that is not 12 volt is the starting system. Glen