• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Want to transport?

91W350

If it needs a battery, it will probably take two. That is one thing you do not want to save money on, you can get by with a lot smaller battery, but these things take some juice to crank cold, due to the glow system and the high compression. I have been putting the highest cranking Group 31s I can buy in mine. The 6TLs that are in them originally are just outrageous for price. I wish I could help you with transportation, I really enjoy getting an old truck running again. Glen

flyboi__01

Thanks for the help. I ran into some technical difficulties of picking up my truck but they are being resolved now. What type of batteries do you suggest for the m1009. I have been thinking of doing a 12v coversion but I am still on the fence.

91W350

I vote to keep it 24 volt, but that is just me. The ability to jump other military vehicles is a plus for me and the only thing that is not 12 volt is the starting system. Glen

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks