• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Warning light cable location?

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trying to install a bed light using the Warning light switch but cannot locate the cable location..any hints ?

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Amber flashing/warning light" that is controlled by the switch located between the master on and hazard switch..

Third From Texas

"Amber flashing/warning light" that is controlled by the switch located between the master on and hazard switch..

OK, sounds like the convoy light.

The OEM setup goes something like this:

Relay_x > CB _y > dash switch > connector under the passenger kick panel (under the PDP) > wire harness_X > up the A-pilar and along the top of the passenger door > socket installed in upper rear cab wall > then out to the convoy light
*relay and CB should be tagged as "Convoy Light" in the schematics

Something like that (my PC here blew the motherboard this weekend and I've not yanked the data drive with all my goodies and TMs). The OEM setup stops under the PDP on some trucks I think. So pull the kick panel and look for a 2-prong plug that goes hot when the switch is flipped in that scenario.

But if you have wires that go to the little connector at the top rear of the cab, that's your hot lead and ground. You can run a bed light off that (my M1079 is using it as an interior cab light source).

dubblosvn

look above the passenger area at the angle of the roof meeting the side of the cab.....I believe the wires are tucked in there and running from the center front, spliced off of where the 3 amber cab lights are......If I recall, they are labeled TL97 & TL98.

19Detail

I believe they are supposed to go to the connector located in the center of the rear wall of the cab near the ceiling. Maybe start at that end and look for some wires that lead to a female end?

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
unfortunately there is no power to the wires when master switch is on and I hit the Convoy light switch....fuse and relay are in place...ugh. electrical Gremlins ..again..

Third From Texas

unfortunately there is no power to the wires when master switch is on and I hit the Convoy light switch....fuse and relay are in place...ugh. electrical Gremlins ..again..
You're testing this with the service (headlights) "on", correct? I don't have access to my files still, but I sort of recall that my convoy light only worked with ark or service lights active.

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the rotating beacon switch on the dash sends power via a sheathed 2 wire cable to a cannon plug, not the single wire connectors in your pic. It is the line which goes to the center of the rear cab wall.

I'm not at home right now, so the sheath may just be a tape wrap but can check tomorrow if you'd like.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks