• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

waste oil/waste trans fluid mix for Deuce use

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Does anyone have experience mixing waste oil or transmission fluid with diesel and using as fuel for multi-fuel engines? If so, what %'s are you finding acceptable?

rdixiemiller

I have run between 25 and 50% waste motor oil with no issues other than the smell at higher concentrations.
25% is a good place to start. I pump my oil from a drum with a hand operated fuel pump with a regular diesel fuel filter/separator on it.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run used motor oil at different %'s. The price of diesel is the major factor. when the price goes up so does the amount of oil i use. Never more than 50%. Usally 25 to 30%.
I had problems with the primary fuel filter stopping up. But i bought a centrafuge and started slinging the soot out. You can also dump some gas in with the used oil to thin it a bit, if your worried. Be sure your FDC is hooked up and working!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What is "FDC"?
The fuel density compensator. Do a search for it in the deuce forum and you'll find lots of info.......