• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Watertight conduit fitting for SJOOW cable

Crawdaddy

I'm about to start building a small distribution panel for my generator and picked up some 10/3 SJOOW for a good price. I'm going to run the cable into a couple of weatherproof outlet boxes. Trouble is, I have no idea what type of conduit fitting is the proper watertight fitting for SJOOW since I've never worked with it before. It seems a normal romex clamp will do the job, but won't be anywhere near watertight and not right. What should I be looking for?

Also, does anyone have a Grainger/Digikey/Newark part number for a weather-resistant push to reset type 15 or 20 amp breaker similar to the one on the 002/003 convenience outlets? I'm not looking for a mil-spec part or anything, just something compact I can wedge into the outlet box to protect the duplex outlets properly. I guess one with a threaded barrel and nut around the reset button would be optimal for my application.

Thanks in advance.

Crawdaddy

I'm pretty sure I found the cord grips at Home Depot this past weekend, but I didn't have a hunk of the cable to test-fit the proper size. Hopefully next weekend I can pick them up. Thanks all for the help so far.

profo

i got a bunch for 10/3 S/O cable which is basically the same thing we use them offshore for nav-aids I am in louisiana also where are you can send you a few if needed they are 3/4 Npt on the other side but and you use a myers hub to seal against the encloser.

MArty