• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Watertight conduit fitting for SJOOW cable

Crawdaddy

I'm about to start building a small distribution panel for my generator and picked up some 10/3 SJOOW for a good price. I'm going to run the cable into a couple of weatherproof outlet boxes. Trouble is, I have no idea what type of conduit fitting is the proper watertight fitting for SJOOW since I've never worked with it before. It seems a normal romex clamp will do the job, but won't be anywhere near watertight and not right. What should I be looking for?

Also, does anyone have a Grainger/Digikey/Newark part number for a weather-resistant push to reset type 15 or 20 amp breaker similar to the one on the 002/003 convenience outlets? I'm not looking for a mil-spec part or anything, just something compact I can wedge into the outlet box to protect the duplex outlets properly. I guess one with a threaded barrel and nut around the reset button would be optimal for my application.

Thanks in advance.

Crawdaddy

I'm pretty sure I found the cord grips at Home Depot this past weekend, but I didn't have a hunk of the cable to test-fit the proper size. Hopefully next weekend I can pick them up. Thanks all for the help so far.

profo

i got a bunch for 10/3 S/O cable which is basically the same thing we use them offshore for nav-aids I am in louisiana also where are you can send you a few if needed they are 3/4 Npt on the other side but and you use a myers hub to seal against the encloser.

MArty

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks