• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well I did it, stuck Deuce

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Traction is the key ingredient. It doesn't matter where you hook the hitch if the tires don't spin or move forward the front end will rise....commonsense. The safest option is to attach a piece of equipment behind the tractor and use it as a "wheelie bar" if needed.
Please don't give advice about tractors because you are going to get someone killed. Your rational about hitching to a tractor is obtuse on a scale of Biblical proportions.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doing it in house maybe. But when you consider the liability issues for commercial applications, that's when it gets pricey. I think you'd have to have something like an ANSI (?) certification or something to market it retail. That's what I'm basing my opinion on. There was a discussion on this on a tractor board I frequent sometimes.
John - you are quite right there. Thanks. I hadn't planned on "putting out a shingle" to make/sell these, just for personal use. Heck - I even made my own scaffold sections 'cause the price for used is silly money. (and yes, I was also a site scaffold/safety inspector too (in a past career))... BUT I'M THE ONLY USER on our farm - so PLEASE... No need to comment on that issue either -

again - detracting from the original issue of tractor/pulling madness. Keep safe people - if you don't understand - DON'T DO IT.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks