• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well I did it

FreightTrain

Banned
hmmmm,turbo,heater,airshift.Nice rig.Now,you MIGHT want to get another tire for that starboard side front.Tread looks a little low on tread.If you can make it to Gadsden,I have one I think is good I will loan ya or maybe trade ya for another with good rim.I am out of the 900x20 business!900s are ok but I can do 70MPH(needle past 60MPH on a 900x20 calibrated speedo) with 1100s in my deuce!Ask papabear!But my truck can hum along at 2900-3000RPM per the tach

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard!! I like the comment on being on the "Green side"! Does that mean we eat lime jello and have mint ice-cream? LOL Congrats on the truck! They are contagious! Manuals are here! (I like reading, it is good for me! LOL) Rubber side down, O.D. side don't steer worth a darn!:jumpin::mrgreen:

2Deuces wild

Welcome to the Big green fighting mechine...... I also have a 68 jeep. and a new trailer:-D
Its a blast speeding down the street at 50 mph. 1 Adam 12. 211 in progress suspects in a green Army truck going 50 down the fwy. Handle code slow.

Attachments

dcwilkie

Okay- so I get the invoice today and it asks for the year of manufacture on the SF97 form. I can't find ANYTHING on the year except it was in the hands of AM General in 1985. So does that mean it's a 1985 M35A2?
Also, what does the VIN look like?
I'm so confused...

dcwilkie

Nope. Still in the works. I was thinking I wouldn't get an invoice until the EUC cleared, but apparently I was wrong.
How long have you been waiting for your SF97s?

jrou111

Nope. Still in the works. I was thinking I wouldn't get an invoice until the EUC cleared, but apparently I was wrong.
How long have you been waiting for your SF97s?
You got an invoice, but not a 'paid in full' invoice. You also can't get an SF-97 until the truck is picked up.

Auction win > CC charged > EUC process > PIF Invoice > pickup vehicle > SF-97

My first couple of SF-97's took 30 days. My current ones I submitted on 4/30 and have not recieved back yet.

omega231

Welcome to the band wagon! Its nice to know there are a few other maniacs like myself living in the Huntsville area. grounded about the 5-6 in the driveway thing... i achieved that on my first GL auction and ive got a 7th one on the way. If you still need that door handle, ive got a parts rig and would be happy to get it to you.

dcwilkie

Hey Omega 231!
Let's get together sometime and scare the squirrels and neighbors!
Door handle is "handled" thanks to wiggall. Thanks for the kind offer.
My e-mail is cruisair@hotmail.com

Are you going to the Big Truck Convention here this weekend??

roscoe

I just got SF-97 form back today (actually a Florida title). It took about a month and a half to get just the sf-97. The whole process took about 2.5 months from auction end. I got my insurance today from State Farm - commercial policy $259.60 for 6 months. Can't wait to get on the road (legally that is).

omega231

grats there roscoe! apparently there are quite a few states that wont accept an Arizona title. thats the reason that its a florida title.

wheres the convention dc?

omega231

ill probly have to miss it... *sigh* work keeps me from being there on thursday and friday and im kinda behind in my chores at home as well as in-town erands that i can really get to till saturday. it doesnt help that i cant drive a stick either, lol. i think wreckerman was planning on having a mini-SS rally over at his place sometime, so maybe ill see you there. btw if you need some parts ill try to help out.

dcwilkie

Well boys and girls, my EUC application has been sent to Battle Creek. Now how long will I have to wait?
Went out to the Redstone Arsenal disposal yard and started my Deuce. I let her (him?) run for 20 minutes. Shifted the gears. Tried to find reverse. No luck so I guess I'll read the manual (don't tell anyone- it's not very manly):wink:
Have the dual rifle rack and a Jerry Can on order. Also bought two aluminum watertight medical supplies containers (no markings). For some strange reason I thought they were about 1 x 2 x 1 feet in height, length and width. They showed up yesterday. I think I could sleep in it! They're closer to 3 x 5 x 3 - HUGE! I plan on storing the canvas in one whenever I'm rolling topless. I have no idea what to do with the other one. Cost too much to return, so unless someone wants one here, I'll figure something out! Maybe use it to wash the dogs?
The excitement mounts!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks