• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well, I done did it. Won a m1078. Need to get it home... In Wahington - any suggesti

coachgeo

Yes 3800 bucks must be the one with the hole in the trans :shock: Not that I can't replace a trans... just something I do not like doing. ......
Considering a NOS tranny is up to 3x the cost of what you bought that truck for.. you don't want to go that route. A good used one can run you from 1.5 to 2x the price you bought the truck for.

Parts to fix it.. and labor...... whewww... still going to hurt pretty bad. Suprman/Will in here is great guy to get parts from though am not sure he has a tranny to sell parts off of but may have a whole one. A fellow I have worked with for parts and find to be massively knowledgeable about Allison's including these AWD trannies is Ted, owner of https://www.allisontransmissionpart.com/ He'd be your best shot IMHO for individual tranny parts.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How tall are these with the bows and cargo cover on?
130” give or take an inch or 2. Because the back curtain on mine is rolled up it’s sticking out too much to hook the tape on the top of the cover so I had to ballpark it. There are also tread depth considerations (I have Goodyear’s with about 98% tread so taller than something with worn tires).

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mkcoen is correct. Close to 11'. When I recovered my 1078, it was way over 14 on my trailer, requiring me to remove the rear cover and bows by myself, an ordeal I recall.

Attachments

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spanky, I agree with Superman. I think the hole is an illusion, otherwise GP would have listed something so obvious. Plus there would be trans fluid on the drive shaft and surrounding area. Let us know what you find when you get her home. Pics please.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW... Maybe maybe not...

Thanks... !!!!

I'll know Monday
If the pick up point is within 100 miles from home, sign up with AAA Premium a week minimum before pickup. Then get to the base early, before your arranged pickup time and call AAA and tell them your truck (true, you bought it) won't start (also true) tell them you're sure it's not a jump start issue and you want it towed . Tell them it's on base and their contract driver needs to be familiar with getting past the instant background check .Tell them the tow truck needs to be able to handle a Hummer H1 (sort of true).

Worked for me! I got my M998 home for $125 plus a nice fat tip for the driver considering the extra time he spent getting on base and probably lost a call while fiddling with me so long .

Bulldogger

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the pick up point is within 100 miles from home, sign up with AAA Premium a week minimum before pickup. Then get to the base early, before your arranged pickup time and call AAA and tell them your truck (true, you bought it) won't start (also true) tell them you're sure it's not a jump start issue and you want it towed . Tell them it's on base and their contract driver needs to be familiar with getting past the instant background check .Tell them the tow truck needs to be able to handle a Hummer H1 (sort of true).

Worked for me! I got my M998 home for $125 plus a nice fat tip for the driver considering the extra time he spent getting on base and probably lost a call while fiddling with me so long .

Bulldogger
Strikes me as unethical.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Bulldogger
Strikes me as unethical.
yes that’s called insurance fraud.

spankybear

I have found a person that can move this thing. Found him off Craig's list. I'll let you know how this works out. Maybe a go to guy for people here in Washington?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks