• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what are you doing Monday?

airmech3839

Was gonna be in the Gainesville, GA parade but the deuce has been tempermental so it made the trip up here but might be staying here till I can get parts and funds to fix her....

We originally came up to visit my mom and celebrate my youngest of 4 bithday and my brother came and several cousins will be here...so wife has forbidden deuce wrenching... so I couldnt even work on it even though I want too!!

Oh well!!

The G Man

Air Mech saw you earlier post. Yeah the deuce needs smeo TLC before you take her out again.... Sometimes I have to wait till the little woman falls asleep then go out and work on some of my toys:grd:

ryan77

Continue on prepping my m1009 for pain, relax and drink a couple beers, im still recovering from fridays cubs game i was out way to late..................:p

Amer-team

Will be doing a military display for the Old Soldiers home at Retsil Washington.
On deck at 1000.
This is to take the display to them, as most of them don't get out much anymore. Unfortunately it is bit far for the big truck and have the jeep torn down, so it is still down for a week or two.

ABN173

Just relaxing at home and grilling out with the family, I might have a beer or two in the afternoon but nothing crazy since in the middle of the night I have to go in to help another unit with Jumpmaster duties for a jump.

-Dale

GamaGoatGirl

We were going to take the CUCV to the VFW for Memorial Day service and chicken BBQ, but ended up taking the M819 instead! What fun! Couldn't take the Gama Goat because it broke down yesterday on our Sunday drive. When we got home, someone who has a camp on Lake Ontario stopped and asked if we could pull their vehicle out of the lake. Some of the campers along the lake drive their vehicles along the shore in the water to get to their camps. The driveway to the water goes behind a NY State Park Beach. We had quite a few onlookers for this event! We parked the M819 and took an M35A2 so as not to get our largest vehicle stuck on the beach(Just in case). Today was not a good day for this woman to be driving hers back from her camp. Her vehicle was literally dead in the water because her friends suggested she go fast through the water. Well, she went so fast the waves came over the hood.! The water was up to my knees when we went to retrieve the vehicle and when the vehicle got up on the beach, she opened the doors and water poured out! We towed it about a quarter of a mile from where it was to the parking lot of the beach. She had to have the vehicle towed home as it wouldn't start.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sandy Island Beach, Eastern shore on the lake.