• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are your experiences with GovPlanet?? Good or Bad

Bikers33

I'm not Bashing anyone, I'm just sharing my experience and asking if anyone has had similar experiences,

My purchase experience with GP has so far been an expensive and time consuming headache. Un answered emails seem to be the norm in my case, hopefully not the standard operating procedure. My first purchase from GP on my FLU 419 went smooth while the money was flowing their way. After the purchase was completed and all money was wired, the only thing I heard were the crickets chirping in the night.
The GP inspection is not accurate as the auction listing stated that the hand throttle was inoperable, it however failed to mention that the entire throttle linkage was busted which renders the vehicle un-driveable (safely anyway). After $4500 to ship it to the border and the price of two new batteries, my FLU arrives at the border. I receive the FLU from Texarkana without the hood, spare tire, tools missing and busted up throttle linkage making it un-drivable and it now sits in Customs limbo (@ $10 bucks a day) as I am unable to get them to clear it in this condition.
I won't bother with the expensive Title nightmare as it is discussed elsewhere on this site.

GP Customer Care (?) has been little to no help with any of the problems that I am having. I know they are busy so I am trying to be patient and understanding, However...... Everyone has their limits.:cookoo:

My big issue with this purchase is that the MV that I received is not as described in the listing inspection. 12 grand sitting at a truck stop 40 miles away in the US unsecured and uninsured (no title), all that I have been able to get in response from GP is ...Nothing.

I am in no way trying to be negative toward GovPlanet, I am only sharing my experience. I am sure that most go without a problem that this is not the usual way that things end up. I hope no one else has to go through this.
aua
Please share!!

Respect and Best Regards to Everyone

Bikers33

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it very much. I have read that Jwade has helped a lot people with getting things done, I have been waiting for him to get back to me for about a week or so. I realize that he helps people as a courtesy and he is probably a pretty busy guy, that is very commendable of him.
That has been my experience with GovPlanet so far, it feels like there is absolutely NO after sale support. The only time that I got any response from Customer "we don't Care" was when they informed me that I had to fork over another $150 for a title, and I won't be a surprised if another fee on top of that is applicable.
After he told me how long that title fiasco will take , I kindly suggested that titles should be included in the sale and within the huge fees that they charge on every transaction. This way your "customers" would not be burdened with the extra BS and/or possible liabilities resulting from improper ownership documentation. The response I received was a delightful explanation and in the end not answering my questions, what a good way to treat the customers.
I'm now thinking to just sell it and wash my hands of this whole nightmare, try a different hobby. At this point I cant even get it through customs, parked 40 miles away from my house (charged by the day). I pray this sort of thing is a rare occurrence with GP and that no one else should go through this .
Thank you for the heads up bud, I'm sure that it will work out in the end.
Best Regards

hippa

Bikers, that is what I did. I washed my hands of GP. I sold my M923A2 to the shipper after being told I could not get a title. He had to title it in his state with a Bill of Sale from me. I was still charged the tax even though I did not even take delivery of the vehicle. I am a frequent Government Liquidation winner and have had zero problems with them. At this point, I think DRMO should take the whole mess back again and do their own sales.

dcvm

I purchased a F250 once from Iron Planet and was given the wrong town in ND to retrieve the truck. This error by Iron Planet cost me an additional $300 of travel and taxi expense. I asked for them to recoup some of the cost and they just ignored all correspondence.

Gunzy

My problems have always been in getting SF97/titles. I have had 3 times the paperwork had incorrect S/Ns on them and the wait times for the paperwork is a it rediculess. I waited almost 3 months for an SF97 on my last truck and am now waiting for one on an M146 trailer.

Bikers33

3 months? That's crazy!! Are any GP managers helping you out on this or are you just expected to be patient while they work it out? I am sorry to hear that you are also having these issues. It would be interesting to see what would happen if people were to band together as unit to forward some complaints. I bet things would improve immensely. My issue is that GP doesn't care to return any of my communications, feels like after the money is in their hands they just move on to the next and hope we "customers" give up. I am retired with experience in law, I got plenty of time. This would also be my first encounter of being charged a fee to get a bill of sale for something I paid for.
I hope your issue is worked out soon.
Thanks for sharing, I'm going back to bashing my forehead on my desk now!

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it very much. I have read that Jwade has helped a lot people with getting things done, I have been waiting for him to get back to me for about a week or so. I realize that he helps people as a courtesy and he is probably a pretty busy guy, that is very commendable of him.
In the PM you sent me you were asking about exporting the machine, I told you that I would see what I could do to get an export person in touch with you. I had not heard back so I assumed they had reached out. I try to follow up with everyone but I do get a lot of requests. I will see what I can find out, as far as the other issues you have had you did not mention any of them in your PM to me? I understand you are frustrated trying to get this exported but I feel like the if you had all of the other issues you should have let me know about those as well?

I do want to say I can do my best to assist in getting the paperwork you need that we provide, but I think it is on the buyer to know what they need to get it across the border? I don't mind trying to help but I feel like there is some responsibility on the buyer to know what paperwork is needed before they buy and transport and start accruing storage charges.

Last edited:

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I'm not Bashing anyone, I'm just sharing my experience and asking if anyone has had similar experiences,

My purchase experience with GP has so far been an expensive and time consuming headache. Un answered emails seem to be the norm in my case, hopefully not the standard operating procedure. My first purchase from GP on my FLU 419 went smooth while the money was flowing their way. After the purchase was completed and all money was wired, the only thing I heard were the crickets chirping in the night.
The GP inspection is not accurate as the auction listing stated that the hand throttle was inoperable, it however failed to mention that the entire throttle linkage was busted which renders the vehicle un-driveable (safely anyway). After $4500 to ship it to the border and the price of two new batteries, my FLU arrives at the border. I receive the FLU from Texarkana without the hood, spare tire, tools missing and busted up throttle linkage making it un-drivable and it now sits in Customs limbo (@ $10 bucks a day) as I am unable to get them to clear it in this condition.
I won't bother with the expensive Title nightmare as it is discussed elsewhere on this site.

GP Customer Care (?) has been little to no help with any of the problems that I am having. I know they are busy so I am trying to be patient and understanding, However...... Everyone has their limits.:cookoo:

My big issue with this purchase is that the MV that I received is not as described in the listing inspection. 12 grand sitting at a truck stop 40 miles away in the US unsecured and uninsured (no title).
Typically I do not respond to these publically but since the need was felt to put it out here I will. I have looked at the inspection report, nowhere in the pictures were there tools that I saw that you mentioned was missing? In every major picture there was not a spare tire, I did find one buried in the 61 pictures that showed the spare tire. That's a valid dispute which you did not file? Those hoods are famous for barely being attached if attached at all they typically they are just sitting there. Most transporters will put it in the cab I don't know if that's what happened or if it is sitting on the side of the road somewhere? Our inspection reports stated the throttle was inoperable our inspections verify what we can see from a visual inspection. We don't dive into the reason it didnt work. Thats the chance you are taking in an auction in my opinion.

As far as the title nightmare you are stating you have experienced? you haven't ordered a titling document? I can't provide one that hasn't been ordered.

We have systems in place to help the buyer when issues arise, sometimes we can't work it out, most of the time we do. But if you don't use them we can't help you.

Last edited:

hippa

Bikers, you are money ahead buying a nice new John Deere tractor and calling it a day. I picked up a big ole JD 60HP turbo diesel. Add a backhoe and it will outperform those FLU-SEE's all day long. I am growing Christmas trees and am happy again. The rules and laws around these vehicles are Byzantine and not worth the blood pressure spikes! I am happy now with my new "green" vehicle that doesn't fall under any governmental over-reach. (Yet....) Good luck to you in BC. I loved visiting up there when I was stationed at Ft. Lewis Washington.

Bikers33

Typically I do not respond to these publically but since the need was felt to put it out here I will. I have looked at the inspection report, nowhere in the pictures were there tools that I saw that you mentioned was missing? In every major picture there was not a spare tire, I did find one buried in the 61 pictures that showed the spare tire. That's a valid dispute which you did not file? Those hoods are famous for barely being attached if attached at all they typically they are just sitting there. Most transporters will put it in the cab I don't know if that's what happened or if it is sitting on the side of the road somewhere? Our inspection reports stated the throttle was inoperable our inspections verify what we can see from a visual inspection. We don't dive into the reason it didnt work. Thats the chance you are taking in an auction in my opinion.

As far as the title nightmare you are stating you have experienced? you haven't ordered a titling document? I can't provide one that hasn't been ordered.

We have systems in place to help the buyer when issues arise, sometimes we can't work it out, most of the time we do. But if you don't use them we can't help you.
Hello and thank you for responding. I apologise if you have taken offence, I meant no disrespect to you or your company in general. Yes that is true that you told me that when you heard from the export person then you would let me know, Yes that is also true that I have not ordered a Title yet and that's because I was waiting to talk to your export person to ask what would be the correct papers that I would need ( SF97, Bill of Sale, Title etc.) for the export. I am grateful for you helping me and thank you.

As for the missing items,

Yes it is true that I did not mention that in our messages. At the time of our correspondence, my FLU was still in transit so I had no knowledge of anything missing. As I stated in my post, I did email Customer care 'the system' and listed the things that I thought should have been sent along with the truck. Twice....with no replies. According to my transporter, the young kid at the Texarkana yard told my driver that part of his responsibilities were to take said items off the trucks apparently for "inspection purposes", as I earlier said "he must have forgotten to put the items back". My bill of lading at time of delivery states that the hood, spare tire etc, were missing when he loaded the truck, he also mentioned that there were many said extras leaning against the fence.

I also sent emails to Customer Care regarding Titles as I had not heard from your contact , these also went unanswered.
Yes you are right in saying that the pictures in the listing are without tools, then again the pictures also will show that the tires and wheels mounted on my truck are from two different vehicles. 4 of rusted rims and crummy tires then 4 with non rusted rims and newer tires, I received the rusted ones and I accept that as "the chance one takes in an auction". This is not my first auction and I know how it goes. The pictures are getting mixed up somewhere along the chain of custody so sometimes a buyer may be expecting something else when they receive their purchase. In the next auction on the 10th for example, there is one unit with many pictures that show two different trucks in the one listing, you got to look close. The two even have the same GovPlanet stock number sticker in the pictures, the odometers are almost identical.

Yes the title thing is a nightmare for someone needing the required paperwork to export their new acquisition. I asked questions about what the best solution would be as far as paperwork, I have not received any reply from your company. This is a costly delay at the border which has to be paid by the customer simply because the company does not reply to these questions. On the website there is a menu to the left which gives instructions for exporting. The instructions are incorrect. I guess I will just order a title, wait for it and pray that it will suffice.. My experience is that if denied entry then it becomes really crappy as it would then be subject to destruction under the supervision of Customs... All paid for by the customer.. that's left empty handed!

Sir, I meant no disrespect and did not intend to offend you or anyone. You have helped countless members here and I also thank you for that. I did not point out my issues to you because I did not think this should be your responsibility, that is what your employees were hired to do. After our initial communication, I followed the "system in place" as you describe above. My emails have gone unanswered by your staff .
As for the tools, yes you are right that they are not in any pictures, they have been included however with most trucks. It's not the end of the world, ... almost $2800.00 on ebay if I were inclined to buy them. Yes there is one picture of a spare tire mounted on the truck and there are 3 or 4 of a hood mounted also.
I'm sure that it will work out in the end.

Thank you for the opportunity to share my experience with you
Respectfully. G

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Hello and thank you for responding. I apologise if you have taken offence, I meant no disrespect to you or your company in general. Yes that is true that you told me that when you heard from the export person then you would let me know, Yes that is also true that I have not ordered a Title yet and that's because I was waiting to talk to your export person to ask what would be the correct papers that I would need ( SF97, Bill of Sale, Title etc.) for the export. I am grateful for you helping me and thank you.

As for the missing items,

Yes it is true that I did not mention that in our messages. At the time of our correspondence, my FLU was still in transit so I had no knowledge of anything missing. As I stated in my post, I did email Customer care 'the system' and listed the things that I thought should have been sent along with the truck. Twice....with no replies. According to my transporter, the young kid at the Texarkana yard told my driver that part of his responsibilities were to take said items off the trucks apparently for "inspection purposes", as I earlier said "he must have forgotten to put the items back". My bill of lading at time of delivery states that the hood, spare tire etc, were missing when he loaded the truck, he also mentioned that there were many said extras leaning against the fence.

I also sent emails to Customer Care regarding Titles as I had not heard from your contact , these also went unanswered.
Yes you are right in saying that the pictures in the listing are without tools, then again the pictures also will show that the tires and wheels mounted on my truck are from two different vehicles. 4 of rusted rims and crummy tires then 4 with non rusted rims and newer tires, I received the rusted ones and I accept that as "the chance one takes in an auction". This is not my first auction and I know how it goes. The pictures are getting mixed up somewhere along the chain of custody so sometimes a buyer may be expecting something else when they receive their purchase. In the next auction on the 10th for example, there is one unit with many pictures that show two different trucks in the one listing, you got to look close. The two even have the same GovPlanet stock number sticker in the pictures, the odometers are almost identical.

Yes the title thing is a nightmare for someone needing the required paperwork to export their new acquisition. I asked questions about what the best solution would be as far as paperwork, I have not received any reply from your company. This is a costly delay at the border which has to be paid by the customer simply because the company does not reply to these questions. On the website there is a menu to the left which gives instructions for exporting. The instructions are incorrect. I guess I will just order a title, wait for it and pray that it will suffice.. My experience is that if denied entry then it becomes really crappy as it would then be subject to destruction under the supervision of Customs... All paid for by the customer.. that's left empty handed!

Sir, I meant no disrespect and did not intend to offend you or anyone. You have helped countless members here and I also thank you for that. I did not point out my issues to you because I did not think this should be your responsibility, that is what your employees were hired to do. After our initial communication, I followed the "system in place" as you describe above. My emails have gone unanswered by your staff .
As for the tools, yes you are right that they are not in any pictures, they have been included however with most trucks. It's not the end of the world, ... almost $2800.00 on ebay if I were inclined to buy them. Yes there is one picture of a spare tire mounted on the truck and there are 3 or 4 of a hood mounted also.
I'm sure that it will work out in the end.

Thank you for the opportunity to share my experience with you
Respectfully. G
I will PM you and we will work this out. I don't take this personal and I will do what I can. It looks like you have been speaking back and forth with DaRon, he is out of town this week which is probably why things have gone unanswered. I can get you a title and will do everything within my power to expedite it. At the end of the day I think a title showing you bought it will likely be your best bet. I will start the process today out of good faith.

FloridaAKM

I am still awaiting a title on a 1996 S&S LMTV that I bought back in late April. During the checkout process, I was unaware of having to request a title & so it was a month later that I filed & sent in the correct paperwork to get the title. After waiting a month, I called in to see what was going on & no one knew anything about my paperwork. The person I talked with, requested an electronic copy of the application & placed it in the system. A month later, I am trying to get in touch with this person, but they are no returning phone calls. There are several trailers that I need to get a bill of sale for & have paid the fees for, but no paperwork in hand yet!

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I am still awaiting a title on a 1996 S&S LMTV that I bought back in late April. During the checkout process, I was unaware of having to request a title & so it was a month later that I filed & sent in the correct paperwork to get the title. After waiting a month, I called in to see what was going on & no one knew anything about my paperwork. The person I talked with, requested an electronic copy of the application & placed it in the system. A month later, I am trying to get in touch with this person, but they are no returning phone calls. There are several trailers that I need to get a bill of sale for & have paid the fees for, but no paperwork in hand yet!
PM me with all of the item numbers. Honestly, our Customer Service is a high turnover gig its kind of a starter job for most students out of college. We are diversifying who we hire to try and get some more tenure and experience in that department.

Bikers33

That's great advice and yes you are right. I have two of the light green ones already (JDs) just like everyone else around these parts. I wanted something dark green to blend into the surrounding scenery and something different from anyone else. The FLU is definitely different and more fun than the JDs.

Bikers33

Bikers, you are money ahead buying a nice new John Deere tractor and calling it a day. I picked up a big ole JD 60HP turbo diesel. Add a backhoe and it will outperform those FLU-SEE's all day long. I am growing Christmas trees and am happy again. The rules and laws around these vehicles are Byzantine and not worth the blood pressure spikes! I am happy now with my new "green" vehicle that doesn't fall under any governmental over-reach. (Yet....) Good luck to you in BC. I loved visiting up there when I was stationed at Ft. Lewis Washington.
That's great advice and yes you are right. I have two of the light green ones already (JDs) just like everyone else around these parts. I wanted something dark green to blend into the surrounding scenery and something different from anyone else. The FLU is definitely different and more fun than the JDs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks